Housing and Trophies

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Namde, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Namde Augur

I’ve put a trophy into the house “closet”. How do I get that to show up under the trophy tab of the tribute window?

Thanks
  2. Nekk Augur

Pretty sure you need to take them out and place them in your yard.
    Namde likes this.
  3. Brickhaus Augur

You need to place the trophy in either the house or yard of a house plot.

Once placed, go to EQ Button - Real Estate - Trophies. Select Personal Trophies at the top. Click on the trophy in the Available Trophy Benefits window and hit the Upgrade button.

To use, open the Tribute Window (Alt + U), select Trophy tab, press Activate.
    Thunderkiks and Namde like this.
  4. Namde Augur

Hmmmm I’ll try again. The trophy remained red as I was trying to place it outside. Inside I was getting message “not able to place in this real estate”.
  5. Nekk Augur

Either you don't have the right to place it or you need to place it in a specific place. Try hovering it around walls of your house or in the yard, move it around some until it's green.
    Namde likes this.
  6. Brickhaus Augur

You owned the plot right?

Depending on the trophy, some are placed on the wall but most should be fine placed on the floor.
    Namde likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Take it out of the closet.

Make sure you own the plot/house or if someone else owns it they put you on the access list.

All the rent has to be paid up also. And the plot/house cannot be full already.

Stand on the plot, pick up the trophy and hover it over the ground until it turns green then let go. If your in the house do the same, holding it on your cursor then hover it around till it turns green and let go

Once its sitting there then you can activate it like Brickhaus says
    Rijacki, Fanra and Namde like this.
  8. Namde Augur

Yup, my plot my house. I’m finally diving into this part of the game.

Thank you all, will try again on the morrow.
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Gialana Augur

If you're having trouble getting the placement to turn green, you can also try changing the collision method. I'm not sure exactly what it's called or the key to use, but you should be able to find it in the list that's displayed when you enter placement mode.

While you can click through the menus in the EQ button to get to your real estate inventory like Brickhaus said, you should also be able to hit Shift + i to open that inventory window.
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

shift + z when you're in placement mode to cycle the collision but not all items have all modes available, Free Placement allows you to put an item in most places. But you still can't collide with some items.

Sometimes the collision extends far beyond what you see of an item.
    Gialana likes this.
  11. Aanuvane Augur

There are also some trophies that are guild hall only even though they are earned from individual achievements. For example, the Trophy of Foresight (Savior of Rubak Oseka) or the Trophy of the Retaliator (Savior of Beasts Domain) or Trophy of the Careful Combatant (Savior of Sarith) or Trophy of Expanding Life (Savior of the Valley of Lunanyn).
    Thunderkiks and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  12. Namde Augur

I had a couple of things working against me last night. I was trying to place a guild trophy and I hadn’t added any plat to escrow. I have individual trophies placed and added to tribute.
  13. Petalonyx Augur

Trophy activation in EQ is just about the most horrendous system in the game. Activation should just require you to open a window or list and click 'activate'.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  14. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

EQ button => Real estate => Trophies Upgrade/Downgrade pretty simple

You can also set a keypress/hotkey to toggle the window under Options => Keys => UI drop down, then scroll to Real estate trophies windows toggle
    Kaenneth likes this.
  15. Petalonyx Augur

Trophy activation requires knowledge of 3 entirely separate systems, pretty much all of which are fine for seasoned players, but unknown at best and difficult at worst for a large portion of the playerbase. These are 1) Housing/real estate (including finding the housing zone, buying a parcel, paying the rent, placing items), 2) Trophy toggling/activation (which you describe above, which is pretty simple to explain to someone, but not necessarily intuitive for someone without any guidance), and finally 3) tribute activation, tribute feeding/management.

It's bad enough that if someone without knowledge of real estate asks how to activate their trophy, i'm not going to say anything unless i have about 15 minutes to guide them through all 3 systems.

Instead, I wish we could just put them in the Dragon Hoard to activate them. And the Dragon Hoard could have buttons for Trophy Management and Tribute. Then i could just tell people to put their trophies in there, and click the buttons.