Housing and Marketplace Improvements

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phathom, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Phathom Champion

Last month in a Producer's Letter, I explained that the EverQuest Dev team had gone through the Housing System, created a guild neighborhood and decorated houses. Through that practice, we were able to pinpoint areas of improvement.

Today, we are launching some of those improvements with the Shadow of Fear game update. Here are some of those improvements you will notice:
    • All yards/plots have had their capacity increased
    • One room houses now hold up to 300 items
    • Hermit's Hideaway now holds up to 400 items
    • Three room houses now hold up to 500 items
    • Evantil's Abode now holds up to 600 items
    • Greatly reduced the size and weight of houses when placed in your inventory.
    • Added the command: /leaverealestate to exit a real estate zone (and to avoid being "trapped" inside someone's house). This command is also available in the EQ Menu under Real Estate

ALSO COMING VERY SOON!
    • Many Housing items in the Marketplace will have their pack sizes increased. For example:
      • Building Blocks will change from 4 items per pack to 10
      • Block Bundles - We will have packs of 25 with a better discount allowing the builder to build
      • Hedges will change to 5 items/pack
      • Plant Material - in most cases, these softscape items will change from 1 to 5 items per pack
      • Potted plants, Wall planters will increase to 2 per pack
      • Lights, Braziiers, Sconces, Torches, Basins will increase to 2 per pack
      • Paintings - Most paintings will be at $2.00 and Bundles of Paintings will be at a buy 3 - get 1 free (@ $6.00)
    We'll let you know when this goes live, but this is just a beginning on changes we have in store.

Thank you,
    Thom Terrazas
    AKA Phathom
    Reprisal, Candara and Elenwyyi like this.
  2. Tegila Augur

you SERIOUSLY forgot something in this update. MARKETPLACE GUILD HALLS. Especially teh palatial ones. a palatial hall, costing 25bucks and at extreme size in relation to a 3br house, can now only hold 4x as many items and still nothing nonplaceable(which is fine, its a hall not soemone's personal closet and we have guild banks) but seriously you NEED to increase the guild hall space especially on the palatials it is nearly impossible to furnish one corectly within the 2k item limit especially with the many many little side rooms and 3-4 stories high main rooms
    Arwyn-RoV likes this.
  3. fransisco Augur

YAY. Bugged me to no end that I couldnt build a full fence around my yard and have everything i wanted in it
  4. Tegila Augur

the increases to yards were severely needed, and to houses if you filled your closet with nonplaceables , but the halls need it even more since no closets means no wasted space and still full too easily :/

i havent seen yet how much they increased yard limits but i am happy for this as many of my 50-60 house plots (lol) are only yards built up with no houses, and this will make things much easier (marketplace loves when i build up my plots lol)
  5. Cakvala Augur

I would love to have the ability to have more then 2 plots under my ownership!
    Reprisal likes this.
  6. Tegila Augur

that too but coownership works ok for that. only have to log the owners in every 90days to retain, but for guilds its 30days so doesnt work so well for them. be nice to be able to use the other guild plots in guild neighborhoods we own even if not for halls
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

You have to login, not just have escrow paid?

(actually, I was having weird fun with creating a new character, joining a group, logging out, delete character, make a new one of the same name and log back in... I wonder what happens to real estate in that case...)
  8. Tegila Augur

idk about deletion but YES yo uahve ot log them in. i lost several plots that were prepaid for a year each bc my computers were stuck in the mail for nearly 3 months and had been packed up long enough before that that i was ONE DAY over 90 and lost all my alts (main i jstu laodedo n laptop to raid during that time) so bc they werent logged in and had escrow paid i was like whered it go? petitioned and was told have to log them IN every 90 or less to retain. honestly..they dont care if you have rent paid , at all. except to zone in or move stuff. we have ppl that are no longer in teh guild that still own plots in our neighborhood that have been expired for over a year..but bc they still play teh game they still own the plots. the standard is backwards

i think its a horrible policy too bc of how many of our armed forces play and have to be deployed, they pay up their houses before they go thinking it ll be ok , get home and all their stuff's evicted. its not at all how SOE advertised it to work before, jsut said you ahd to pay at least quarterly to keep a plot, but you dont have to pay at all jsut log in, and if you do pay and dont log in you lose it.
  9. Olihin Developer

The items listed above by the OP, are now all live. We will have more updates in the future, including some considerations to the feedback listed here.

Thank you!