House of Thule Collector's edition Revival. Could we have RoF and VoA too?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zipe, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Lidwen Elf Stalker Journeyman

You Might Note that Current Collectors Editions as i mentioned Have Gameplay effects Mounts teleports to current content etc.. Hence releasing Ancient ones again will not Canabalize them in Anyway.. I wonder if You Just Skimmed My post..

2. That0neguy Augur

Yep, you really stopped!
    Benito likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I play both Live and TLPs.

I have a different mentality when I play live and TLP.

My live wizzy is all about the look, she has 18 years worth of robes in her bank....not to mention loads heros forge & illusions she also has the fastest mounts in game. Mounts and illusions are 10 a penny, I used to be into my illusions until we had an overload of them from LON. My rogue has most player race illusion masks, sadly she missed out on the troll. :(

My TLP chars are all about functionality, so HoT bags from Collectors edition, wish I'd been able to claim some of the portable clickies from other collectors editions but alas they weren't available.

I must admit I am eyeing up the holgresh petamorph from Rain of Fear which is just sitting in my claims window tormenting me! But that is maninly as there is such a lack of pet illusions available.

There is a thread somewhere in the Vet lounge where it was suggested they release the items from expansion packs when each TLP unlocks each expansion to give players a chance to get things they missed.

I'm pleased to see the House of Thule collection in the market place and I hope they continue to do these when TLPs unlock them, especially as in up and coming expansion there are guild hall port items, which unless someone got the collectors edition during the year of the expansion no one will have them.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I stand by my position to limit the release of Collector Editions' to 1-2 per year which seems fair and reasonable. (Daybreak has zero obligation to release any past Collector Editions). My reasoning is clear above - maintain scarcity, theory of loss aversion, prospect theory, and opportunity. cost for current CEs/PEs.

I'd rather not antagonize anyone further to where this debate may affect their desire to play the game.

I think everyone has been able to air out their positions fully.

Time to let this thread die.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Then we agree to disagree.

And Daybreak will do what they think is best. :)
    Benito likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

I think making the CEs available on a regular/limited basis would be a smart idea, however, IMO, the price point is off for me. There are only a couple things in the pack that I'm interested in (the mercenary contracts) and 40 bucks is too much for me to consider them.
    Skuz and Zippie like this.
  7. Numiko Augur

In the end Daybreak will ask the question.. will we make money if we do this, or will we loose money ...

As I see it the money they will make from selling these now will far outweigh the loss from people cancelling their subscriptions in disgust about loosing the fact they no longer have exclusive digital content that they never use anyhow....
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  8. Sipsac! New Member

And i do not agree with any of your statements Benito. I would prefer they re-release all the CE from all past expansions but i wish they would adapt what is actually usable on TLP to be. Everyone love illusions and fluf items, but we wants usable mounts, the bags the clickes for the TLP.
    Yinla and Skuz like this.