HOTZONES

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kadce85, Dec 22, 2015.

1. kadce85 New Member

it's been 2 years already but i think most of us want newer hotzones if possible please like a lvl 95 or 100 HZ or something
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Aghinem Augur

I have always said that shards landing should be made into a HZ given its size and the number of camps available.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tarvas like this.
  3. Viper1 Augur

The hot zone for that levels dead hills and Gribble HA.
  4. Carel Da Bard Journeyman

No.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Tarvas and Viper1 like this.
  5. Viper1 Augur

Everyday I'm gribblin
    Everyday I'm gribblin
    Gribblingribblingribbin gribblingribblingribble
  6. Gundolin Augur

If they could just replace the Plane of Air for 65. That zone is such a PITA, and if the Live servers actually ever got a true-New player again its a dumb road block that should be avoided.
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Hero's Journey funnels people to TBS. One of those zones should probably get the 65 one. Just say no to Gribbles.
  8. Jitar Elder

I agree, and also change 50 to something else other than CC.
  9. Gundolin Augur

I actually liked CC at 50, you had merchants and a bank in zone which was handy when I was FTP.
  10. kadce85 New Member

ok.. so i am just returning to EQ after a while so where is gribbles , zone lvl and expansion?
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

12. kadce85 New Member

13. Darkark Augur

Use the mage pet to tank, load up a couple dps mercs and tell that little cleric and shaman to heal their hearts out.

Edit: Oh, and don't get stuck in Gribbles forever or you'll come out the other end of it gímp as and then be on here complaining that everything else is just tooooo haaaaaard :(

Try and change it up a bit.

There is a guy in Ethernere just out from the portals who will give you a set of 4 HAs to do each day (of which some may be Gribble's). It's like the Hotzone equivalent for higher level players -- when you do those particular HAs you get a chunk of bonus experience, just like killing those particular mobs in the lower level zones gave you a chunk of bonus experience.

Some of 'em will take some learnin', so fair warning, but if you get them down and maybe even get good at em .... well, now you're playing EverQuest :)
    Isssk likes this.
  14. kadce85 New Member

what do you mean by this if i may inquisit?
  15. Darkark Augur

We just had a thread on it. It wasn't the first and it won't be the last. This post (and what I quoted) is relevant, but if you're bored you can read the whole thread.
  16. Laronk Augur

Gribble missions are pretty easy and difficulty of content ramps up pretty fast to tbm so tbm seems hard but its only hard because gribbles is so easy.
  17. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You will have 105 difficult mobs. Given the level spread there I would do what Darkark suggested. Tank with the mage, heal with the merc, and a 100 dps caster in the other. Oh and pray. When I screw up with only cleric merc out I sometimes get eaten.
  18. snailish Augur

Hotzones feel like an abandoned mechanic. This doesn't need to be the case, if Dev time can't be made for they way hotzones had been done then change the format slightly:

-don't bother with new drops or questlines. Keep Franklin Teek's current quests as "jobs" he sends you to do in non-hot areas, or just get rid of them. Sure the quests and augs are a nice bonus, but there is a ton of them in the game already... they aren't the main function of zone choice and hotzones: that is all about the xp.

-Set a series of hotzones that truly make sense, particularly for the returning player that doesn't want to heroic up. In my view the obvious answer is TSS zones up to 75 (where they cap out) and then big zones with lots of camp variety (not hard mechanic/challenging spots) however high you want to take them.

Then if need be, leave them permahotzoned, but at least the mechanic would be set to a logical series of places for a long-term being set. *Could always long-set TSS and a cherry picked 2nd set of zones all the way up.
    Egat likes this.
  19. Evertrek Augur

oh well, HZs cut into their xp potion sales.
  20. Hiladdar Augur

I agree with you Gundolin, Plane of Air is a horrible zone choice as a hot zone. It is almost as bad as Kod'Taz. Much better zone for level 65 as a hot zone would be something like Direwind Cliffs, or Sunderock Springs

CC as a zone can be rough for newer players, particular when you take into account the number of runners at low heath, and the number of cleric or paladin type mobs which heal themselves.

Still CC is not as brutal as Plane of Air is at level 65, since the targeted group of players for that zone are 61 thru 65. Since Plane of Air is from PoP and has a flagging requirement or min level of 62, to enter, I have not checked to see if an unflagged level 61 can get the mission, but not be allowed to enter the zone till level 62.
    Faana likes this.