Fixed Hotbars repositioning after zoning

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ChiiChii, Mar 10, 2022.

1. ChiiChii Augur

I play in windowed mode in a dual monitor setup stretched across both monitors. Every time on the initial logon, most of my hotbars don't retain their original positioning. I suppose this I expect??

After patching and my first time logging in today, I'm noticing my hotbars are repositioning after zoning several times and continues to move them around. Tunare Seventh Hammer here.
    Jardad, Emilari, Pelrond and 14 others like this.
  2. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Mine don't move they just unlock after zoning for some reason and I need to right click and Window > Lock again :cool:
    Jardad, Duder, Pelrond and 3 others like this.
  3. ChiiChii Augur

Yes. I've locked the hotbars in the past yet they continue to move around. Even after I zone the hotbar is then shown as not locked
    Pelrond likes this.
  4. Karhar Dream Crusher

is your ui file set to read only?
  5. Arkatar New Member

Mine isn't, yet I have the same issue. Guessing it has to do with windowed mode, if it affects us 100% of the time and doesn't affect fullscreen players.
  6. Meeko Developer(Code)

Are they moving to a certain/same location when they move?
    Is it all hotbars or just certain numbers?
    Are the ones moving near the edge of the window screen?
    ChiiChii and minimind like this.
  7. Arkatar New Member

For me they're not moving, only unlocking.
    I have 6 hotbars visible and they all unlock, no exception.
    One is near the bottom screen edge, one near the top, the rest are pretty well removed from borders.

Note that I'm using a custom UI, Drakah's Integrated Krome.

(Tried inserting a screenshot but having issues, will try again later if need be.)
    Jardad, Pelrond and rahzel44 like this.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Have you tried contracting the UI Author?
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

If you use the default UI, with the same positioning for the hotbars, do they still unlock?
  10. Arkatar New Member

No, but it would be weird something fierce if the OP (ChiiChii) had that very same UI.

Loaded the default skin and tried it, they still unlock. I then copied the default layout just to be sure, and with that layout, not only do the hotbars unlock, but they move just like the OP said.

Here's a link to a screenshot of my UI: https://prnt.sc/FbxiEjVWdmHP
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ah...are you using the viewport command in your setup? I used to use it to black out the areas on my setup behind hotbars. Without fail, no matter where I put the hotbars, the next time I logged in, they would be just slightly moved. When I removed the setting (default viewport), they stopped moving.
  12. Arkatar New Member

Well, like I said, they don't move while using the custom UI. But if this is caused by the viewport, then there you go, the devs can fix it now that they know. I'm not about to dismiss the viewport, not with my ultrawide screen, the graphics are all stretched out then.

I'm still thinking this could have something to do with windowed mode, though.
    Duder likes this.
  13. rahzel44 Journeyman

I can't keep locked my hotbars #4 or #7-11. They always automatically unlock every time I zone or relog. I don't THINK this has been a bug forever as I'm just noticing it the last week or so. It happens on my window-mode desktop but does not happen on my full-screen mode laptop.

I use the default UI. My UI file is not read only.
    Pelrond likes this.
  14. rahzel44 Journeyman

Also confirmed with a friend in my guild who plays windowed-mode. His hotbars are also auto unlocking every time he zones.
  15. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

confirmed as well
  16. Ozadar Elder

My chat window constantly moves when I login into another character on the same account. Annoying.

Ozadar of Zek
  17. ArdMonk New Member

Confirmed same is happening for me as well
  18. Arkatar New Member

Sounds like a different bug, may want to report it separately. I mean, the bug we're having happens every time the UI gets refreshed, be it when zoning, or when loading a new UI skin. And it only affects hotbars.
  19. ChiiChii Augur

Certain hotbars move, not all. When I position them where I want them (not off corner/edge) then zone, they reposition themselves to the same spot. Occurs with or without /viewport

/viewport 500 0 3840 1080 1 (or 0 to disable scaling, no difference)
    **locking them does nothing. in fact, the lock is removed

Forum not allowing me to post screen shots unless the URL is hosted. Javascript error while trying to paste from clipboard the images.

EDIT: Posted in #player-to-player-support with #ask-a-dev discord
  20. Jassper De'Nalou New Member

I Have the exact same problem. I use parts (the new patch broke a few pieces) of a Custom UI Xfinity Blue. Several of my hotbars and both main chat windows unlock every time I zone or relog. Only started after last patch where they changed the templates for Buff window / Short duration buff window. Anyone have any ideas that work to fix this? Or do the Devs have to fix it? Thnx in advance :)