Hortulanus Cryolex in Overthere

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Let me guess: you could take the group scion and plant in the raid instance, earning raidloot/raidcoin for beating a group mob?
    :eek:

Or plant more than 1 scion for multiple chests?
  2. Cleaver Augur

1st thing im trying when its back up :rolleyes:
  3. Bamboompow Augur

/shrug. I played it honestly and respected the 6 hour lock out. I only just learned of the lockout exploit being a thing, by asking guildmates what was going on.

That alone should be grievance enough considering all that can be earned in a short amount of time. Anything past that/on top of that is entering blatant carelessness. Better answer?

So if there is some further exploit, then that might also manifest itself in the raid version. If you have the whole OT zone to play with full of critters and terrain, then there are probably ample ways to place the scion where the boss mob is trivialized.

There was some talk about a 5am raid in this thread. No one does that in today's instanced EQ unless it can be downed with a force significantly less than a raid. Most healers and even tanks are not up at that hour.
  4. Khat_Nip Meow

If I was in a group that was doing the Fell Foliage mission and they suggested we do what I believe to be the exploit then I would have bailed right then and there.
    It's flat out cheating so stop trying to white knight the losers that took advantage of it because, "Oh the game allows it!! omgwtfbbq".

Edit to add: Should the people that did it be banned? Maybe not but there should surely be some hefty suspensions in order.
    Genoane and svann like this.
  5. tnot Elder

JFC what am I paying for if this can't be fixed in a day. Not complicated.

If you can't fix it, don't mess up the game because you've staffed inadequately, it's a stupid group mission, what's the worst that can happen, a few exploiters gear up with group gear, who cares?

Get it working for the rest of us or don't remove it if you don't have the resources in place to fix it.

Punishing dozens or hundreds of people to stop a few from getting... Group gear, whose the genius who pulled that trigger?
  6. Sancus Augur

Uhm, have you heard of scheduling raids? It's not like we all happened to be on at 5 AM by chance. According to our DKP page we had 57 in attendance at 6 AM this morning, and I promise the raid was full. We also had 61 in attendance 9 days ago at 5 AM.

But no, we were probably clearing all the raids in an hour using a force significantly less than a raid. No speculation here folks, just pure facts.
    Hiladdar, Thrillho and Sindaiann like this.
  7. Bamboompow Augur

Its nice augs, Rank II spells, currency and VP key pieces too. Stuff everyone can use. RKII's are going to be an up for casters and a undeniable boost in power for raiders as well as group players alike. Heck the armor drop is more or less the booby prize.
  8. Bamboompow Augur

If you want (or demand) players to get up at those stupid hours to raid than you deserve to be top guild. That's 2am Pacific if you have any PST people. Pretty much unfathomable for "normal people". You all are a freak show. I work for a living and that kind of play just isn't in my wheelhouse.

I get it though. If you want it bad enough......
  9. tnot Elder

I 3 boxed it in RoF gear ( chars with 80k hit points ) last night. Half the player base is boxing and I'm rusty after 2 years gone, the expacs been out for 3 weeks and you think people haven't finished the second partisan quest?
  10. Slippry Augur

The devs go on vacation during the holidays.

Right after the expansion launches from it's rushed and shoddy beta period.

Such amazing planning from Daybreak Games.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  11. Sancus Augur

So you made an unsubstantiated claim that we were not using a full raid, and when shown you're wrong you resort to calling the hours "stupid" and us a "freak show"? I know raiding lockouts isn't for everyone but raiding 1 hour every 4 1/2 days (1-2 hours total a week) really isn't that hard.

It's nice that you know how to resort to ad hominem attacks when your argument doesn't hold up though.
    Sindaiann and Igniz like this.
  12. Bamboompow Augur

Sorry but most normal people are not up to do raids at that hour. Not ones with responsibility. It just doesn't compute. Not so much Ad Hominem. More like having no foundation to relate. No common ground.
  13. Bamboompow Augur

Would you rather they didn't celebrate the Holidays? In the grand scheme of things, this game is not that important.
  14. Sancus Augur

Most normal people own an alarm and can deal with getting up at 5/6 AM once a week before work. There are absolutely some people with work schedules that don't allow them to raid those schedules or to take days off for EQ, but clearly there are quite a few people who can.

We certainly are dedicated, EQ is a game we love and we care about the race even if Daybreak doesn't. The fact that we did wake up at 5/6 AM is part of why it's so disheartening for the raid NPC to be down for this long; it nullifies that effort.
    Hiladdar, Thrillho, Sindaiann and 2 others like this.
  15. Bamboompow Augur

Good for you? Grats?

I just don't care. Sorry. Its a game.

Again, I get it, but some of what has been posted here is ridiculous. Stuff along the line that the devs need to put your progression race above their holiday time. This game is their job and people need time away from it once in a while. To not grasp that is being selfish. I want the NPC back too for my trival casual group player reasons but I am not gonna put my wants in a virtual world over those IRL when it comes to family etc.
  16. Piemastaj Augur

I raided at 5 AM, went to work at 7AM and then got home at 9:30pm. Most people are not normally up, but is it really that difficult to set an alarm? Since you are a part of the working force and all I am assuming you use one them to get up every morning or night to work.

It might not be for you, but passing your judgement over something you wish to take no part in is laughable. It is also naive that you assume people can not get up for an hour to knock out some events then go back to sleep or merely start their days a little earlier than normal.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  17. Fehu Journeyman

I love raiding lockouts, gives me a chance to do raids "normal" times, some of you seem to forget there are other parts of the world than US .
    Now put that silly NPC back asap, collective punishment is poor customer service and certainly not ok where I'm at.
  18. Bamboompow Augur

To address Pie's post to avoid a nested quote:

I value my sleep too much. Look dude. You and I are not gonna be friends, acquaintances or even agree so just keep it at that. At best there might be a somewhat healthy respect of a mutual difference of opinion. At best.

What bothers me is there is an expectation that this needs to be fixed now, on the Holidays when YOUR tier of play probably had the most influence out of anyone in the player community to mitigate it and not have it be at the point where it is. And yet you complain as well as demand immediate action. Its an attitude that bothers me. That the devs have somehow put this affront on you. That you as well as your compadres are totally without blame. Did you not beta test? Did you not flag anything? What DID you do, other than what serves your personal and guild's best interests? If you can wake up at O Dark Thirty to raid than you can put in a half way decent effort to report flaws. How was that NOT in your best interest? If you did, and the devs did nothing than by all means ...accept my apology. I am not unreasonable.

Otherwise, I have to call BS. Stop expecting everyone to care just about what your guild needs wants. Cancel Christmas. Screw New Years. RoI needs to be number 1 again.

And I mean everyone. Other players. The Devs. Everyone who still has some interaction with EQ. This is not just about you.

And here we are. That's where this is at. Conjecture, speculation and differences of opinion. No one is going to own this, that's for sure.
  19. Bamboompow Augur

Don't feel bad. Its really just one Time Zone in the USA that seems to be important. There are 4 in CONUS but most raids are based solely on EST. Alaska and Hawaii not even in the mix. Simple statics. Its where the majority of the US population is.
  20. Vanrau Augur

I think the devs are on their holiday break.