Holding mouse = Constant clicking

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by sumnayin, Apr 22, 2018.

1. sumnayin Augur

Pretty much the title. When I am moving the camera or turning my character by holding either mouse key they often constantly click. This only happens in EQ and doesn't happen on my laptop. It happens with all 3 of the mouses I have access to on my desktop but 0 of 3 on my laptop. Any ideas?

An example is when I am moving the character with the right mouse button and I drag over a corpse it will stop me to loot the corpse.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I get this as well (I sometimes accidentally "con" mobs while Im trying to turn around). I just assumed it was my mouse that was the problem though. Who knows? :confused:
  3. Geroblue Augur

This happens to me when I'm tired, and my fingers tap the mouse buttons and then I wake up. Sometimes I don't notice I've tapped the mouse buttons.
  4. svann Augur

I think its normal. Sometimes eq thinks holding down the mouse button counts as a click. Happens sometimes when you get a pile of bodies in camp.
  5. bigpapa Augur

happen for me as well ( playing 3rd view ) when pressing F9 ,{4 times.}

I am pressing the right mouse click to be at the view I want , but doing so it can open a corpse near me ect.

happening sometime when raiding as well.
  6. danathor New Member

long time player, many different setups, same problem here.

accidental looting when rightclick+hold and moving camera over corpse,
    multiple cons when righclick+hold and moving camera over players.

also: righclick+hold and moving camera and releasing RMB sometimes has my mouse cursor suddenly appear on the 2nd screen which then totally screws me over if im in the process of pulling.

also thought it was my mouse but since you guys have the same prob maybe not!

windows 10, all up to date, logitech mouse if that matters.
  7. Xycoth New Member

Any solutions to this? I don't have a ton of different mice to troubleshoot with, but if a new mouse is the answer I'm happy to go buy one.
    HP Envy m7, Windows 10, Logitech M510.
  8. Geroblue Augur

I have a regular USB mouse. I think I paid $10 for it. Since you have several mice, just try one by a different maker.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Me too - only I "borrowed" mine from work;)