HOF partisan tasks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benhan, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Benhan Journeyman

in hof-rebirth harbringer oruk is missing -- so cant finish the quest lines to start the missions -- im on test btw
  2. Augur Developer

What server are you on? I just checked on a couple live servers and found Harbinger Orok alive and well in the zone.

EDIT: Whoops--just saw the test server note. Checking there now.
  3. Augur Developer

I confirmed that Harbinger Orok is spawning on the Live servers I checked, but is not on Test. I've reported it to the designers who created that content. Hopefully we can get this resolved soon, and they'll provide future updates on this as needed.
    Ishtass likes this.
  4. Illusionist_Innania Augur

His task is a mess. Since everyone is doing this, tons of people are clicking the crystals and fading, leaving hordes of mobs around each crystal. Since both live and undead mobs can spawn, it makes moving through the zone very difficult without aggroing dozens of mobs.

Can you either a) make this a group task or b) make the spawned mobs despawn after a short while?
    Axxius and Insaneox like this.
  5. Insaneox Augur

Same on AB server and can see why they do as well. 60 crystals if in full group that's the 60 mobs to kill. It's not a good way to encourage grouping.
    Imrahil likes this.
  6. Axxius Augur

Everybody in the group gets updates for killing the mobs, but only 1 person - for clicking the crystals. So a full group needs to click 60 crystals but kill only 10 mobs. That is why people are running around double-invised clicking the crystals, and there are dozens on spawned mobs at each crystal.
  7. Illusionist_Innania Augur

The mass amount of gestation crystal adds up has made the 3rd task next to impossible on the Drinal server as well. I went to feed a mature fearling his heart, so proceeded to the pen they are in. This is what I found...

[IMG]
  8. Ronak Augur

It's several hundred mobs per square meter on Xegony as well.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  9. Warpiggs Augur

Yeah, same thing on Bertox. Can we please have these mobs despawn if not attacked within a certain amount of time?
  10. Narye Augur

Or make them auto agro?
  11. Warpiggs Augur

Then people will just fade them off?
  12. roth Augur

How about both?

Make them auto agro - and make them persistently agro, the way the nature pillar mobs are after you click them in a Word of Melretia - and make them depop after a while when their auto-agro target is not in zone.

Oh, and to avoid training anyone, make them unsocial with the basepop.
  13. Imrahil Augur

Sorry, but it makes no sense for a full group having to click 60 crystals spawning 60 mobs wjile "only" having to kill 10. this should update for every member of the group who is close by upon clicking.
  14. Ronak Augur

I agree the click update should update everyone in the group. That would fix most of this issue. Make them depop after X time has passed without aggro as well. But I wouldn't advise making them auto-aggro, that will just mean even more trains.
  15. Ellyra Augur

We'll look into correcting both issues. Thanks for letting us know.
  16. Battleaxe Augur

It's a solo task done in a group. There is a place for such things that don't overly punish 6 individual players but are quite annoying for a boxer. Should we be able to do one epic quest and get 6 epics at once because otherwise boxers are burdened for each toon they play (like the rest of us) rather than getting up to 6x rewards for doing a thing once?

Yes, its a grind. But it being a grind is NOT the problem. The problem is that lazy people are able to make the game less playable for others that follow them = they are griefing others and getting away with it. THAT is the problem and it would be nice (it's not mandatory - if you can't clear a room without bringing 10 mobs at once you're playing the wrong game) if the problem was addressed.

EDIT: If Ellyra wants to update everyone in the group at once so be it, but IMO there absolutely ought to be some upside to playing a single character - only needing to flag that one, while getting flags for other group members/cooperation/they helped you and you help them, seems to me to be reasonable.
  17. Axxius Augur

Killing 10 mobs per group member is nothing too hard, so it's fine if the task updates only the clicker when the spawned mob is killed, although that may be hard to script. But since the task is done in a group, I would prefer if it was changed to a group task that updates everybody, and increase it to, say, 20 clicks + 20 kills. And make the spawned mobs despawn after whatever the crystal respawn time is.

It's still a ridiculuously simplistic design for a progression quest - it should be a kill quest, not a progression one. But oh well.
  18. Dantibus New Member

When you click the item you should become visible and it should cause a DoT on the newly spawned mob, which should also summon at 100% health!
    Silv likes this.
  19. Insaneox Augur

I know this Axxius, my point was if you do it as intended are in full group that equals 60 mobs.

They made it an encouraging thing to just kill 10 and have everyone run around and click. Especially if you one of them that is 10 saved task and max aa.
  20. Xequecal Journeyman

Just an FYI, the item clicky ignores LOS, has a really long range, and doesn't break invis. You can complete the quest by getting in the general area of the gestation things (out of aggro range of the billion mobs) and just spamming "/target a_mat" and "/target a_s". When you get one on target just click the item.

The next quest is much harder. The grown fearling you have to kill is social with the 5000 mobs it's next to. Good luck splitting one of them out of there.