Hit a wall in low 40's (SHM)

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Bitmask, May 29, 2013.

1. Bitmask New Member

Rerolled on Vox with no twinkage, made level 40 in just a few hours. (Amazing how fast it went!) What are some ideas for where I can go for decent money (merc is keeping me at less than 200pp so far) and no runners so I can burn up to 51? Mesa is not really working for me, the giants are good kills and good plat but they flee halfway across the damn zone.

City of Mist comes to mind, could probably work on 1.0 while there. Not sure if they will run or not. Maybe Dranik? Any other ideas?
  2. Tachyon Augur

When I rolled a Bard on Vox I didn't really make all that much plat until I hit the late 40s. Velks lab was a good spot because they drop gems, ore and even spells that can sell for a good bit of plat each.
  3. Mandelbrot Lorekeeper

Mesa is actually one of the best spots to get cash at any level, but its not the giants. The animals near the Blightfire zone in should still give you experience right up to 51 (might be light blue?), but they drop teeth and pancreases and claws and such that sell to vendors for 25-50pp each. You should be able to chew through those pretty quickly and get lots of drops. Save high quality pelts for the bazaar if you are gold, if not, might be able to sell them still. This applies to the bears and wolves primarily, though the snakes and spiders drop to a lesser degree as well.
  4. Bitmask New Member

Tachyon: Do they flee at 20%? Runners are a huge pain in the butt when you can't snare them. Beginning to wish I rolled a druid..

Mandelbrot: Yeah, they definitely give good money but I didn't feel like their xp was all that much to write home about. I guess I should have mentioned that. More worried about effective xp-ing, I just need to make sure the income covers the merc.
  5. Mandelbrot Lorekeeper

6. Bitmask New Member

Oh wow nice, how did I not find that? Thanks!
  7. Mandelbrot Lorekeeper

Almar's Guides are great. He has lots of options depending on what you want to do. The site is a bit haphazard, but all the leveling guides can be found here for the most part:
    http://almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/
  8. Bitmask New Member

Yeah that site is great. Really regretting not have a snaring class, I much prefer the old world dungeons to anything else I have seen in the game. Frustrating at times (Dalnir, I am looking at you here), but immense fun.
  9. Tachyon Augur

I don't believe so. Sometimes the splits are tough, but it's a fun and challenging zone from around 45-55.
  10. Crystilla Augur

Just think of 'fleeing' as something we like to call .... autopulls :)
  11. Mykaylla Augur

Out of curiosity, which shaman race are you? If you're a troll shaman of Innoruuk, you can do the symbol quests and get clicky snare, just like the inky clerics, so runners are less trouble.