Fixed Internally Hide All Traders option in Bazaar doesn't hide mounted traders

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Mukkul, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Mukkul Augur

Bug where the Bazaar option "Hide All Traders" doesn't work on traders who are on a mount. Some traders take advantage of the bug to make themselves stand out.

While we're on the subject, all those familiars in Bazaar scattered around the trading stalls are there for the same reason.

Please either disallow the combination of mounts and trader mode (and familiars in trader mode). Or fix the Hide All Traders button in the Bazaar Search Window to work on mounted traders and trader familiars.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Pets, familiars, and mounts should automatically be suspended in the Bazaar once you go into trader/buyer mode.. There's no need for any of that nonsense in that zone.
    Treage_Imminent, Duder and Varillian like this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Auras, numbus, etc.
    Treage_Imminent and Duder like this.
  4. Duder Augur

All of this, yes. So many things interfere with the traders, as stated, Auras, Numbus, Pets, Familiars, Mounts, etc should all be automatically suspended/disabled while in the bazaar. Certainly no trader should be able to begin trader with any of that running/summoned.

I dont feel like any of it creates any sort of unfair advantage in any way. But it makes the bazaar hard to navigate, hard to click on traders, hard to click on the right trader, hard to get through congested areas, endless issues caused by things that really make no sense to have running in the bazaar, let alone on a trader to begin with.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Agree with no mounts. No reason for them in the baz. Easy to bring them up when you leave. And they will cause your trader to eat more. Although not sure why one would want to use a mount to stand out more. Most servers have plenty of vacant spots to set up to get away from them if they are blocking your trader and with the find trader key you go right to the one you want - doesn't matter if a horse is there or not. And they are sold down the hall.

Agree with familiars for same reasons - they can keep the buff on either of these and drop the critter

Agree with Nimbus and auras and bards melody's - what earthly good does that do?

Not sure how I feel about pets, they are such a hassle to set up.

Maybe they could activate the same switch they did that made Jester's to now count down in the lobby so that is no longer an issue.

Ah, I miss the days when we could "nudge" another trader out of their stall:cool:
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

If we had PoK platform areas (Caden-Dogle small bank area and others in the zone) + Bazaar platforms pop off illusions and mounts, that would improve the game as a whole.

If we also had bazaar traders be forced into offline mode to be able to sell items, that would also curtail the complaints of "omg the hacking scripters are ruining the game!!111!1". Just a thought.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

All non-combat zones should also be no illusion/no familiar/no mount zones. There's zero reason to use any of that stuff in those types of zones.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Mukkul Augur

No on that, as characters no longer consume food in trader mode.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That is what I thought also but mine still consume food very slowly - like it takes months
  10. Aanuvane Augur

I wonder - could you be consuming food when you're out of trader mode - running to the parcel/bank to restock etc (Or like me - I log in a trader toon, get distracted and forget to actually do the /trader and come back hours later to only realize I never finished putting them in trader mode), versus truly consuming food while you're in trader mode. I bet that's what is actually happening and why you might see food/drink tick down occasionally?

All of that aside - I agree with OP.
    Fenthen likes this.