Hero's Forge: Storage of "sets"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rashari, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Rashari Elder

I am a messie when it comes to bank, inventory and housing...
    and Hero's Forge Ornamentions do not help at all, means:

I have different "sets" of the ornamentations, and ofc all of the
    regular and seasonal head ornamentations - this ends in a lot
    of full backpacks.

Maybe out there are some more players dealing with storage
    when it comes to HF Ornamentions.

How about a Backpack, similar to the Collectibles or Tradeskill items only ones?
    With at least 100 slots :)

A nice improvement would also be - for example - a mannequin in your plot,
    where you could save up to 5 "outfits", storaged in that vault and able to be
    activated via a bandolier (like melee classes have it for weapons, afaik).
    Or something else, making it easier to switch the look of armor...

Cheers :)
    Sadthorn likes this.
  2. Bamurien Journeyman

I like this idea. I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement... player housing and mannequins would be a neat way though.
  3. Angahran Augur

Here's an idea, if having a mannequin with inventory UI is too difficult.
    Have an NPC you can hand a full set of HF armour to, and he returns a placeable doll that is wearing that armor.
    If you wish to get the armor back, you pick up the doll, hand it to the NPC and he returns a bag containing the set of armor.

Less work, just need 1 new NPC plus 1 placeable item per suit of HF armour (or more if you want to do multiple races).
  4. Gladare Augur

A storage npc like David Tennant in the guild lobby but for hero's forge gear.
  5. Siddar Augur

They stole the concept hero's forge from DCUO but forgot to give us the style tab along with it.

Basically the DCUO items are attunable but they transfer the graphic of item to a style tab when they are equipped.

After that you can simply destroy the item and use style tab to display that items graphic in that slot.

So you can collect hundreds of different item graphics while not having to retain hundreds of different aug's.

They already track most hero's forge items with achievements so they have done most of the work needed for a style tab already.
  6. Axxius Augur

Mannequins in Skyrim. Implementing this in EQ would be great.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

With, out without the item eating bugs?
  8. Caudyr Augur

I like this idea...but another 'good' idea would be the one listed below that just lets you store them on a NPC like this guy. You can have it 'sell' them to the dude for like...500pp or 1kpp per (just throwing out monetary values :p) and have the buyback be the same, just like David's chronobine prices. They could set it at 100pp or something, but yeah. I actually do like the 'mannequin' idea you mentioned, though...but just mentioning that this is a pretty good alternative to that.

EDIT: Actually a usage of both of these would be the best way to do it. That way you can 'store' them on the NPC until you get a full set...and then if you want you can pull them off and hand them in to that NPC to turn them into a mannequin or whatever. You could have the mannequin be modifiable with the appearance changing item used for merchants to change their appearance in the GHs.

Alternatively, what you could do is have the person get a 'quick quest' to hand the hero's forge items into the NPC and the reward is a voucher or something, which you then use on the NPC who is a 'merchant'. From there you can buy a mannequin of the desired race from his merchant menu. If you want the armor set back, you'd just do as Angahran said and hand the mannequin back into the merchant to get a bag with the items in it, or a clicky that'll give you the items back.
  9. Atvar Augur

Or a tradeskill combine that creates a creates a single "set item" from the individual parts, and vice versa.
  10. Caudyr Augur

A nice alternative, as well...though even in this case I'd still like to see a storage NPC like Tavid in the GL is for SoD quest items. ^^
  11. Shirion New Member

I enjoy mixing it up, IE: Not using a full set at once (Beryl's Breastplate, Wrists and Boots with normal armour being black) and different sets mixed together Noble/Valiant.

My only big problem is I like to switch on the go, so an NPC wouldn't work best for me. Right now I carry Inisidious, Valiant, Noble, Beryl, Ebon and regular at once.
  12. Kirkisx Tunare's Chosen Paladin

easy way for mannequins is make a placeable item first.... for each set... turn that item into a container with 7 slots u put the pieces in for each set and have a combine button.... and when u combine u get the placeable mannequin... with a button to undo the combine alot of code but im sure it can be done
  13. Caudyr Augur

Could just have the mannequin have a clicky effect that "disassembles it" into the Hero's Forge armor parts (maybe have it not give the mannequin back, but it could do that, too).
  14. Angahran Augur

Or place plate/chain sets in forge, hit combine to dissemble, and cloth/leather in sewing kit.