Hero's Forge Robes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Starrfiire7th, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Starrfiire7th New Member

Are these only available off the vendor in PoK? The raid vendors don't have any "robes" as of today. Can we expect more or are we stuck with the one kind?
  2. Riou EQResource

Only kind for now, Phathom said "more will come within the next game update" (Expansion patch?)
  3. Starrfiire7th New Member

Ok, thanks. I guess I missed that :)
  4. Drakophine New Member

I do have to say, bravo, robes look like robes. Although with the purchase granted version I am looking pretty ghetto. Still, I finally have a different robe graphic after all these years.

Food for thought for the devs: Have you considered mixing up the look of the set robes for raids and such? I was pretty much stuck with the same graphic robe for over 2 years, possibly longer. I would spend extended time in Drakkin form to get a different look once in a while. Even though I'm very brown and burlapy now (the new Hero's Forge robe) at least it's a different look.
  5. Zaph Augur

Are there to be Robes for Monks?

How about Robes for none caster classes (There were some for clerics years ago, I'm sure)

How about Robes for ALL, yeh, including some for a Troll Shadowknight, Barbarian Shaman, or maybe even a Halfelf Warrior ?
    Reprisal likes this.
  6. Drakophine New Member

The robes are marked as ALL/ALL, but not sure how it would look on a race that didn't normally have robes.
  7. Zaph Augur

After quickly checking, this is what it says on them :

So, I guess the questions still stand.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yes the clerics had a PINK robe from one of teh wurm type mobs in Luclin....can't remember the name off the top of my head.

All playable races have a robe graphic....which is why this took so long as they had to implement 16!

Remind me when I get home tonight to log wizzy and chanter in and we can go through them all and see what each looks like!

There was an all/all BP for each of the 4 types of armor in HoT. I know you have seen the chanter wearing the plate one :p

But Monks should be able to have a robe look, even in their leathers. There robe look dates back to at least Velious.
  9. Rainbowdash Augur

The answers are 'yes'

[IMG]
  10. Zaph Augur

Point me in the direction where I can get one to fit a chain BP then.

or a VoA T4 cloth usable by chain.

The Answers are NO, but possible.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Actually, the answer is currently no.

Just because you can preview it does not mean you can use it. I can preview myself wearing Plate boot ornaments; that does not mean monks can use them without taking special actions (using All/All items which are the appropriate look).

Zaph was referring to the fact that Monks have been shorted by lazy item creation for the last several expansions. We even gave the Dev's the perfect method to give us Robes using the multiple alteratives during SoF (was ignored), again using the same method in SoD (was ignored). I think there was a Robe in UF, but was not near the final tier and may have been either only group or only raid; and nothing in HoT or VoA (that I can think of) unless maybe you count the All/All silk in HoT (don't seem to have all/all silk in VoA {not found at least}). We have specifically asked to be able to change our BPs (generally the lame Tunics) to Robes for 8+ years now; and again we get kicked aside to give the Silkies even more Robe options but none for us.
  12. Tegila Augur

i still dont understnad why silkies have 3 options, leathers have 2, and plate and chain each still only have 1.

no, leathers cant wear the new robes yet, but they can wear the cloth stuff, and cloth ppl can wear leather ornaments, plus cloth can of course wear the new robes. plate's stuck with plate (most of which are horrid) and chain stuck with chain (which would look much better on plateclasses but for many are way oversized for chain) please balance this out. they're freaking ornaments, make them ALL all/all. please. it's not content, its soemthign everyone has to pay 12bucks PER toon to even use 1 slot of.
  13. Georgeo Journeyman

i must say, as long as ive known you Zaph, i think you do belong in a dress...
  14. Rainbowdash Augur

Ahh yeah good point.

I read that question as "whether the graphics will display in these situations should they arise". Not "whether the ornaments are usable in any armor type, or, I can find items with top end stats that can use these ornaments for any given class". The answer to the former is indeed 'yes', the answer to the later is 'no', you're right :(

I, as I've said before, agree these should be usable by all armor types. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the reason Sony made them armor type specific. The immersion factor. Seeing a ton of robe wearing warriors and plate wearing mages. Etc. However, not only do I believe that the threat isn't near as severe as they may have initially thought (Not everyone will buy Hero's Forge, even less will use ornaments outside their armor type), but in a game where we can buy and use ruler and cardboard tube weapon ornaments, and use them, I don't think letting Hero's Forge ornaments apply to all armor types would be the biggest threat to our immersion. :p
    Reprisal likes this.
  15. krozman Augur

I can kinda see how making all the armor types wearable by all can increase the variety of looks I can have. That being said, however, just having all the plate sets have put a hurt on my bank space. Not sure I could handle having cloth, chain and leather sets too just for the looks.

Has anyone seen Robes of other sets yet? Eternal grove robe?
  16. Tarrin Augur

I am a wood elf druid. I have no non-HF robe graphic. I bought a "cloth shirt" from a vendor in a newbie zone, and put the robe ornament in it. I use the illusion trick to "stay" in it.
    Not the prettiest solution..but its *a* way to use the robe, regardless of your class/race.

[IMG]
  17. Ronaan New Member

Yeah this. Kunark actually.
    - Robe of the Lost Circle (not sure if this was around pre-Kunark, Alla's has the quest as "Kunark")
    - Robe of the Whistling Fists
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I wasn't sure how far back, all I could remember was the monks fighting over the robe from Sleepers.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

From the time they went live, I have said that Plate and Chain should also be interchangeable like cloth and Leather are currently. I agree that everyone should be able to use all of the HF looks; but if that is too much then at least the ones which are not inherently part of a look set, ie Robes, Wizard hats, etc should be useable by all looks. IMO, you don't even need to make all of the sets have achievements just the ones which are the normal ones for your class.
  20. Mellifleur Augur

you know...All this... " I want what he got " mentality is whats killing the game.

I keep hearing about how people want their classes identity restored to the game, then I hear SK's, Pally's and monks wanting wizard hats and Warriors and Rangers wanting Robes.

Learn to accept you just cannot have what "he has " and learn to appreciate what you have that other's don't.