Heroic Questions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Rionoj, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Rionoj New Member

I am thinking of returning after a long break. I am thinking of doing a heroic upgrade as the cap was 70 when I left. I have a few questions:

If I go heroic ranger, do people still mostly bow kite? What kind of mercs do most rangers use when soloing?

Will I regret choosing ranger when I hit 105? When I left there was virtually no interest in additional DPS classes for most raiding guilds. Please feel free to suggest other classes for someone who mostly likes to solo but wouldn't mind raiding a couple nights a week.

I'm N 7th hammer in case that matters.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Welcome back! 7th Hammer is now Tunare.
    I would try to get your old account back. It has max veteran rewards and loyalty points. Look under help on main site and search for "how to recover account" they will walk you thru it.
    With or without old account you should start a new char from scratch and run thru the tutorial which doesn't explain all the changes but will help.
    If you flat out jump in with a heroic then you need to know how to play in today's game. There have been so many changes that will be hard.
    Rangers are a very enduring class. We have endured death - over and over- people laughing at us - using us for jokes about kittens - sacrificial pullers - the list goes on and on and yet seldom are we requested for raiding guilds. We can get into raiding guilds only because raiding guilds need all the dps they can get. And on Tunare there are one or two open raiding guilds so that would help you there.
    As to which class - well that is up to you. All classes molo well now a days or at 105 you can find groups easier than at low levels.
    I never really bow kited on my ranger and been playing him since the early days.
  3. Rionoj New Member

Thank you
  4. Quiverr Journeyman

Your merc choice will depend on what you're doing.

If you are trying to headshot blue con mobs then you may not need a merc at all and just keep a healer there on passive incase you have an emergency and can switch it to a active stance as needed.

If a tank merc can survive what you're fighting without a dedicated healer then that's a fair option too although the mobs in that case are likely light blue/green or lower.

Whether or not you'll enjoy it at 105-110 can only really be answered by you.