Heroic Druid Information (Oct 2018)

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Storm Cloud, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Storm Cloud New Member

The following information was taken from a Brand New Heroic Druid (Level 85). Nothing was added to the druid before this information was compiled.

Background: Before I went the Heroic route on my level 40 druid I searched the net for all the information I could find on it. Of course Spell Bar Sets and Hot Bars would have been great to find but I did not find any. I did find them for level 100 to 110 with spell rotations etc but not much on new Heroics.

Information: Below, or in a new message, are the AA and Equipment Clickies a brand new Heroic Druid will have. The data is for "Information Purposes Only". I wanted to give back to the community with this information.

AA Hot Keys * EQUIPMENT CLICKIES *

1 Face Mask - Increase Range of Spells
    2 Right Ear - Increase Duration of DoT by 26%
    3 Chest - Group Barkskin - Mitigates Damage
    4 Belt - Increase Mana Pool by 500
    5 Shoulders - Increase Dodge
    6 Neck - Absorbs 30% Damage up to 1000. Cost Mana a Tick
    7 Ring 1 - Increase HP Regen 13; Mana Regen 17
    8 Ring 2 - Buff Armor by 30 - Range of Heals by 27%
    9 Range - Increase Resists by 35 and A/C by 25; Dodge 50
    10 Head - See Invis; Ultravision; Breathe Underwater
    11 Wrists - Increase Healing Spells up to 60%
    12 Hands - Increase Damage of Cold Spells by up to 60%
    Back - Damage Shield & Increase Duration of Beneficial Spells by 26%
    Left Ear - Same as Neck
    Arms - Increase Damage of Fire Spells by up to 60%
    Charm - None
    Power Source - None
    Shield - None

Weapon - None
    The following AA listing was established by going through every line of the AA trees.

AA Hot Keys * BAR 1
    1 Mass Group Buff – Next Spell Buff will be AoE at double the mana cost
    2 Expedient Recovery – Summons your Corpse; returns exp if can be resurrected.
    3 Call of the Wild – Call a fallen comrade Spirit back to their corpse. Does not restore any lost Exp but the player can still get an Exp Rez.
    4 Steadfast Servant – Summons Servant that cast Beneficial Buffs for 30 Min
    5 Staunch Recovery – Restores 5000,000 Health/Mana/Endurance
    6 Lesson of the Devoted – Exp gain +100% for 30 Min
    7 Infusion of the Faithful – Increases Str/Stam/Ag/Dex/Wis/Int/Char/ Res to
    Magic/cold/fire/disease/Poison by 1000; Movement by +65% for 15 Min
    8 Wrath of the Wild – 2200 Damage Shield that lasts for 36 min or 5 hits
    9 Exodus – No cost EVAC/SUCCOR (GROUP)
    10 Blessing RO - Reduces Fire Resist, Attack, and AC
    11 Wall of Wind - Mass Snare
    12 Entrap – Snare for 14 Min

AA Hot Keys * BAR 2
    1 Focus of Arcanum – Improves Resist Mods by 1 to 35 Points for 3 Min
    2 Forceful Rejuvenation – Refreshes casting timers
    3 Gate – Returns you to your Bind Point
    4 Innate Camouflage – Invisibility
    5 Fundament Second Spire of Nature – Increases lvl 75 and higher INSTANT spells/abilities by 2000 points for 1.5 minutes.
    6 Nature’s Guardian – Calls a lvl 85 Bear to attach your target for 75 seconds
    7 Peaceful Convergence of Spirits – Single Target Instant Heal for 4910; Increase A/C by 520; Heal 3300 HoT for 18 Sec. (Stack with Convergence of Spirits?)
    8 Silent Casting – Reduces Spell Hatred by 85% for 1 Min
    9 Protection of Direwood – Protects you for 75% of Melee damage up to 10155 of damage for 2 Minutes.
    10 Spirits of Nature – Summons 3 lvl 83 Nature Spirits to attack for 1 Min.
    11 Convergence of Spirits – Instant Heal 4910; A/C 520; DS 120; Heal 3300 HoT for 18 Seconds
    12 Fundament First Spire of Nature – DD will land critically by 21% for 1.5 Min.

AA Hot Keys * BAR 3
    1 Storm Strike – Magic DD for 4100 (if above 75%) else 2250
    2 Spirit of the Black Wolf – Transform into Black Wolf; Reduces mana cost of Detrimental Spells 4-20%; Fire Resist +115; Mana Regen +70; DD Crit 7% for 2 min.
    3 Spirit of the White Wolf - Transform into White Spirit Wolf; Reduces mana cost of Beneficial Spells 4-20%; Cold Resist +115; Mana Regen +70; Instant Heal Crit 7% for 2 min.
    4 Second Recall – Gate to Secondary Bind Point set by Stone of Marking
    5 Origin – Teleport to Home City
    6 Harmonic Dissonance – Transports you to the Theater of Blood
    7 Intensity of the Resolute - ????
    8 Armor of Experience – Several Layers of Protection from Harm.
    9 Chaotic Jester – Summons a Jester for 15 Min
    10 Expedient Recovery – Summons Every Corpse you have.
    AA Hot Keys * GROUP

1 Flight of Eagles – See Invis/Movement +65%/Levitate/Infravision (Group)
    2 Perfected Levitation – Group Levitation (GROUP)
    3 Shared Camouflage – Invisibility (GROUP)
    4 Radiant Cure – Cures 31 Poison/Disease/Curse Counters (GROUP)
    5 Teleport Bind – Teleport Group to Druid Bind Location (GROUP)
    6 Tranquil Blessings – Next Group Buff will be AoE at Double Mana (GROUP) Fast Regeneration must be active.
    7 Fundament Third Spire of Nature – 100 DS; A/C 400; Health 3000 for 1.5 Min (GROUP)
    8 Group Spirit of the Black Wolf – Reduces Mana Cost by 3-8%; Fire Res +80; Mana Regen +40; DD Crit by 4% (GROUP)
    9 Group Spirit of the White Wolf – Reduces Mana Cost of Beneficial Spells by 3-8%; Cold Res +80; Mana Regen +40; Instant Heals Crit by 4% (GROUP)
    10 Nature’s Boon – Stationary Ward emits Aura of Restoration I every 10 sec for 5 Min. AoE 60 feet for 5 Min. Heals 835 every 6 sec for 18 sec. (GROUP)
    11 Peaceful Spirit of the Wood – Increase AC +550; Heals 1225 HoT for 30 Seconds (GROUP)
    12 Wildtenders Survival – Cast “Survival of the Felicitous” Heal 1477 (GROUP)

I will be testing all these actions to see what stacks and does not, changing the location and sequence to fit my play style as I hope you would also.

Just to sort all the spells out I made Hot Keys to 15 different areas in my spell book to sort out all the spells. I utilized this Thread as a guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/21fq3e/heroic_druid_spells_and_abilities_by_category/

I hope the more experienced Druids can assist and tell us what we don't need from the list or other helpful information.

Thanks
    moogs likes this.
  2. S33k3r Augur

Nice write up.

Don't forget that a number of those AAs are veteran rewards so will only be available if you claim them and how old your account is. Fanra put together a good guide on these - http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Veteran_Rewards.

One of the 1st things a heroic druid should do is grab a Fire Beetle eye from Merchant Wyn`las in Crescent Reach.

When I started a heroic druid I went with the following spell lineup :-

Adrenaline Burst - Faster and bigger heals than granvida but more mana & longish recast
    Granvida - Single target heal
    Survival of the Felicitous - Nice emergency group heal. Use with Wildtenders Survival + Forceful Rejuv when things go wrong.
    Lunulation - Group heal
    Twincast - 18secs of twincasting spells
    Remote Manaflux - Nice nuke + heal target's target
    Winter's Flare - Combo Fire/Cold Nuke
    Summer Solstice - Fire Nuke
    Harvesting Inferno - Can only cast when mob is low on health but kill shot will increase crit chance/dmg for 4 ticks.
    Nature's Searing Wrath - I love this spell and use it on everything (sometimes on myself /blush)
    Sunsinge - A decent DoT, I prefer this to horde as it is more DPS but shorter duration
    Carapace of the Reptile - I used this slot to swap in spells as needed (I have a number of spell sets saved to allow me to swap quickly)

If the mobs resist fire then I switch to using Glaciating Crystals, Hoar Crystals and Cascading Hail.

I also rely on key binds and have the following setup (still use similar arrangement @ 110).

Keybind 1 - Cast Adrenaline / Granvida
    Keybind 2 - Cast Survival / Lunalation
    Keybind 3 - Cast Remote / Winter's / Summer / Storm Strike
    Keybind 4 - Cast Harvesting / Remote / Winter's /Storm Strike (use wheb mob low on health)

I have a number of spell sets setup for Healing, Soloing, Moloing etc etc. For most of them I started with my default spellset shown above and then tweaked it (i.e. My solo spellset has more DoTs on it instead of group heals).
    moogs likes this.
  3. Storm Cloud New Member

Good Catch S33k3r on the Veteran Rewards, I totally forgot about them. Thanks for sharing your setup and experience.
  4. Brohg Augur

my goodness, that's a super nice buff. why haven't y'all gotten this nuke back at higher level ever?
    Tucoh likes this.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Oh man...cause we need more classes competing for kill shots! :)
  6. Daylenar New Member

I just got back into EQ after a six year break and made a heroic Druid about 6 weeks ago. Highest I ever had a Druid before was about level 80, I think, and maybe 400 aa.. Still learning for sure, but some things that helped a lot:

I made two dps macros, one for grinding I hit every few minutes, the other for namers that does the longer recast stuff.

I also did the numbers and figured out the most mana efficient DDs are firstly the Hail line, even on a single mob. Then the Winters line that dual hits cold and fire together, which is also nice for feeling out mob resists. The cold DD is then third, followed by the much less efficient but higher dps roar and summers line DDs. I always have hail up and usually winters and roar. I’ll swap around if I’m getting resisted or know I will be.

The efficiency of the dots is as expected with the longer the dot being better mana/damage ratio, but horde is often too long for anything but named or kiting/rotting. Nature’s line and Sun line DoTs are bread and butter, but the Nature’s long cast and recast take some getting used to. Seems it’s often worth sticking natures on first so that you can get the recast clock ticking if you’re steamrolling.

Vida is the go-to for heals but adrenaline is a good backup/emergency with its lower cast time and proc. Luna for group of course. I have yet to use the other two at all (unless you count the Survival of line AA, which is awesome). Remote flux is a good “oh crap” button if you have the mob targeted and main tank is getting hammered. Gets more useful later with an AA buff that lets us twincast it. Speaking of twincast, I always have that on my bar. You can get rank III from Zebuxoruk after completing a raid that is pretty trivial for a group of 100ish toons. Requesting raid only requires doing a group task I was able to Solo at lvl 95.

Useful clickies I picked up were: ever living bramble tunic and woven bramble tunic (these work with twincast and you can click between spell casts), holgresh elder beads, a couple of heal clickies for between mobs to save mana (mask from DoN and a staff from vex thal), sand eroded shell for pet buff, a mount with a good blessing and same for familiar and illusion. There’s a HoT clicky rune and a DoT rabbit you can get from loyalty vendor that become pretty low in usefulness after level 90 or 95, but I keep them around as backups to save mana. I have a player crafted earring that has a DoT click for the same reason. There’s some great clickies I don’t have that are just really hard to get, but most of those are really easy to track down at level 85 or so.

I’ve been doing gribbles and Teek tasks mostly to level and I’m now 102. Get a couple friends or a box or two for gribbles and the xp will be quick. This also gets dream notes for gearing up. Use the fear touched stuff to make visible pieces.

Probably a lot of people reading this will already know most of this but I remember how insanely lost I was when I made the Druid and these have been some of my biggest insights.
    Metanis likes this.