Heroic Characters / AA Granting Q's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Warlain, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Warlain Lorekeeper

Can any devs chime in on if on the following?

• Are there any plans in the works to improve / promote these anytime soon?
    • I was hoping for a new promotion such as a free heroic character if you subscribe? Or maybe if you subscribe for 3 months?
    • Perhaps Heroic characters being boosted to 95?

With regards to AA auto grant:

• Will they auto grant to lvl 105 the day the expansion goes live to keep in line with 5 levels behind? Not sure how this works with new expansion releases.

Side note
    • can the new " buy all " button for AA give you a cost before you click it?
  2. Goodn Augur

On Auto Grant AAs:
    We're only through Rain of Fear AAs currently. Next up should be CotF. It's always been 4 expansions behind since implemented. Nothing to do with max character level from latest expansion.

On Heroic Characters:
    Everyone who logged in during last two weeks of March 2017 got one. I seriously doubt they would give everyone another anytime soon (but if they did, it would almost certainly be tied to the anniversary date).

There have been several (many?) threads in the past year about raising the grant from a Heroic Character. To my knowledge, there has never been a Dev response in any of these threads.

On Your Side Note:
    Do you want to see the cost for the buy all that you could possibly get, regardless of how many actual AAs you have saved? Or cost that takes into account what you have saved?

It's an interesting idea at least.
  3. Warlain Lorekeeper

Thanks for the answers

I think I meant to ask when we log in on expansion launch day all 105s will be autogranted AA through CoTF. So it’s best now to purchase all aa tied to newer expansions while we wait?

The free heroic would only be tied to NEW accounts. I have a free one as well from back in March collecting dust. New subscriptions though would be a good promotion I think.

The side note I think it can show both? For ex

purchase all. Ranks 12/12. 164 aa, perhaps a slider with the ability to scroll throug how many ranks you’d like to buy with the relevant cost next to it..

6/12 96 Aa
    7/12 104 aa
    12/12 164 aa

The cost can be greyed out or red in color if it exceeds your current AA total or if that total exceeds the max banked AA
  4. Cleaver Augur

Its 5 expansions behind pretty sure you dont get rain of fear AAs right now.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Spells,_Songs,_Disciplines,_and_AAs#AA_Auto-Grant
    All AA abilities up to and including level 85 and those up to:
    So, yes, with Ring of Scale, we will get all Call of the Forsaken AAs with Auto-Grant, assuming there is no change in how it is done.
  6. Goodn Augur

Cleaver...come on (wo)man..pretty sure you should actually spend the 60 seconds it would have taken to log someone in to check your statement...

Currently, Auto Grant AAs gives all AAs through Rain of Fear. When RoS is released, CotF should be added...assuming they don't change something.

The 5 expansions statement for Auto Grant AAs comes from the way some people count...

EoK - 1
    TBM - 2
    TDS - 3
    CotF - 4
    RoF - 5

Personally, I choose to use the current expansion as the starting point so it would be 4 expansions back...but 5 if you include the current one.
  7. Goodn Augur

I went back and looked at previous expansion launches and it seems the Auto Grant increase starts day one of a new expansion release. So you are correct, avoid purchasing CotF AAs if you can (unless you are also buying the ones that come from later expansions).

And CotF was a level 100 expansion, all 100s and above will be autogranted CotF AAs provided you turn it on (I think there are some CotF aas that have lower than 100 level as well...).
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

wished the MERC AA would auto also.