Heroic Character?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by filthybeaver, Mar 20, 2018.

1. filthybeaver New Member

Are they not giving heroic characters for anniversary time this go around? I was looking forward to getting a buddy to come play and we start at 85.. Not this time it seems?
  2. eqzekisdead Augur

No heroics this year and no TBM unlocking like a lot of people thought.
    All we get for the anniversary event this year is:
    a $200 set of armor for sale in the cash shop
    a free gift fish illusion (requires $18 krono purchase)
    and a free anniversary quest aug (requires $35 expansion purchase)
  3. frankie78227 Augur

Not even a SC store sale/discount.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

TBM might still unlock.
    And a $100 set!!
    Can get Krono's for $12 atm or buy one in game.
    Expansion requirement is being removed.
    You also forgot XP bonus!!
  5. Nolrog Augur

There hasn't been one in about 5 years. Instead, they put the items themselves on sale.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The Darkened Sea is the next expansion to unlock and they usually unlock in April.

Daybreak announced they are changing it so you will not need Ring of Scale to do 19th anniversary quests. No date for the change announced yet.
    Barton likes this.
  7. eqzekisdead Augur

Oh, I forgot to mention another amazing thing daybreak has given us to celebrate 19 years of Everquest, for a limited time a 25 pack of kronos is now 30% OFF.
  8. Thraine Augur

The armor ornament set was 100$ last year Sokki, this year its 19,900 SC, which i think is closer to 200$ .. inflation and all :p

Dont feel bad OP, i bought RoS and all i got was this crappy nerf lol
  9. Repthor Augur

Yesh kaedyn but it was tailored spesificly to your class that gotta acount for something they normaly dont do all that work for juzt one class
  10. Gialana Augur

TDS unlocked when EoK launched, or at least within a week of the launch. The pattern broke with the launch of RoS, where TBM didn't unlock. All they told us at the time was that TBM would not be unlocking at this time.

I didn't come across the announcement yet about dropping the RoS requirement for the 19th anniversary quests. I don't think this will personally affect me, but I think it's a cool and appropriate change.
  11. smash Augur

If you go and check other subject there is post by Prathun about not requiring ros, fixed internally.

19th anniv requires ros..
    Gialana likes this.
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

There's actually 2 different sets available atm. Golden which is 19900 SC approx. $200, which I believe is the same price as last year. Also, Clockwork which is 9900 SC approx. $100.
  13. Thraine Augur

ohh i was under the impression that they hiked up the price of the golden this year from 100 to 200.
  14. Venaki Elder

That's not true. TDS isn't unlocked, is still locked and presumably it will be unlocked at april. Checked it because I haven't done TDS progression.
  15. Hahlador New Member

Are you talking about zone requirements unlocking? I thought the other posters were talking about TBM becoming available for free. Which TDS definitely is already.
  16. Venaki Elder

Errr yes, my mistake. I should have read more carefully, definitely not my best day to say anything.

/evac