Heroic Character upgrade on a level 100 character

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sindo, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Sindo Journeyman

I would like to know from someone that has upgraded a pre-existing level 86+ character, what exactly happens. I assume you would get the perks like AA, bags and mount but does it take anything away? Would a level 100 character be reduced to level 85 or is there any other known reason not to go through with the upgrade? Would the upgrade make a level 100 character eligible to receive the heroic augment rewards?

I'm looking at upgrading two level 100s mostly for the bags, augments and the DoN/MM trial AA, as I don't want to spend the time to camp augments or do the trials/factions. They are gold accounts so I have the SC laying around.
  2. Kodjak Lorekeeper

in this instance of a lvl 100 heroing, it would simply just add extra Hero AA, boosting your HMS stats a bit, and also add in any spells you missed along the way. it wont de lvl you, no.
  3. Sindo Journeyman

Thank you, Kodjak. Can you confirm or deny the DoN and MM trial AAs and access to the heroic augment quests?
  4. guado Augur

You do receive the DoN and OoW progression aa. Not sure about the heroic augs.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Kodjak Lorekeeper

yes, you do get access to hero aug quests such as you find off the frog in house of thule and such. Being that your character would not be flagged for having completed the quest. Also with the hero flag you would see the questlines open up. As far as AA you would receive any and all available up to lvl 90 of course. along with the extra Hero AA I pointed out earlier. Wish I could find my reference link to better illustrate... Basically, if you take two characters lvl 100, one hero'd one not, with autogrant on etc...the hero receives more AA, due to the "Hero only" that can only be utilized through the having the hero flag. Sorry for the rambling...=)
  6. Gialana Augur

Just a tiny correction. Upgrading to a heroic character will give you the "autogrant" AAs only through Underfoot. But since you have an All Access account, you can already get all the "autogrant" AAs through HoT with or without the heroic character upgrade, if you haven't already.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

make sure to have plenty of bag space as you get on your curser an item for each slot lvl 85 gear and two bags.
  8. moogs Augur

I think those are found in Quest Rewards.
  9. Sinzz Augur

was worth it when they gave ya rk 2 spells not sure why they changed that but sucks they don't now
  10. AB-Muvien Elder

You will have to finish the last DoN raid to actually finish the DoN progression after upgrading too.