Heroic Character boost question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Venea, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Venea Journeyman

Couldn't find it on a search, and I realize it's covered in the FAQ, but I want to be doubly sure.
    If I use my boost on my 74 Necro, I keep everything I have (gear, plat, AAs), but the items a new Heroic would get is ADDED to my totals:
    15k more plat
    "Thousands" (2k? 3k? This is a little vague) on top of the ~800 I currently have
    and a full set of Heroic gear (presumably NOT the 2.0/2.5, but I'll keep my 1.5)

Right? I'm mostly concerned about the AAs. I mean...yea, it's 800 compared to "thousands", but when it could be "thousands" + 800.... heh.
  2. eqzekisdead Augur

You keep all your old stuff.
  3. Venea Journeyman

And the AAs? It's /increase AACount Thousands, not /set AACount Thousands?
  4. Bigkilla New Member

It will assign AA's appropriate for you're class and level.
  5. Venea Journeyman

That still doesn't answer my question, though..... Even doing a search online, I saw where it says 4,000 AAs.
    But what if I already have AAs it will auto assign? Do I get to keep those points, or are they lost?
    In other words, will I ultimately have 4,000 AAs spent, or 4,740, with 77 still banked?

Ultimately it may be a moot point.. but I'd kind of like to KNOW what to expect, rather than just jump in blind, and find out I only get 3,260 AAs and have 0 banked :B
  6. Ghubuk Augur

Basically, heroic character get all aa's up to a certain level/expansion (I can't quite remember which ones exactly).
    So lets assume for a particular class that happens to be 5000 aa's. If you didn't have any aa, then you would jump to that 5000 aa. If you had 300 aa already that just happen to be ones you would be granted under the heroic upgrade you would jump to 5000 aa (it doesn't give them to you twice). If you happened to have 300 aa but some weren't ones specific to what the heroic upgrade would give you (lets say 50 of them), then you would jump to 5050 aa.
    So as you can see, it would depend on what aa's you had already purchased.
  7. Venea Journeyman

That's what I was afraid of. Pretty much all the AAs I've spent are going to be...well...pointless :B *rimshot*
  8. Damezza Augur

If I delete an old heroic character can I create a new one?
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes. there is a lot of controversy about this but dev's have said you can remake them. If you search on "remake heroic" in the search bar you will find tons of posts on that.

here is the other info you were looking for as far as the plat and and remaking:
    https://www.everquest.com/news/heroic-character-faq

you kinda have to read between the lines:
    "If you delete your character and make a new one, you will not receive the platinum again. Delete wisely!" - so yes you can remake them,

"Your Heroic Character option can be used on an existing character. These characters will keep everything they had before, and will receive all of the items that Heroic Characters start with." So you keep what you had and get more. Even if its not better.

please note the info on free accounts and AA limits. Not sure why you would go heroic at 74 when you can auto grant and have all the AA to your level and whatever level you are in the future? The bags and mounts is kinda cool
  10. Ghubuk Augur

You have to be careful of that. There were heroic characters that were given for free that were a "one off" in that if you deleted them, you wouldn't it back if deleted after a certain date.
  11. Scorrpio Augur

Before you make your charactrer heroic, I would move all the stuff you have to bank - just to be sure.
    You will get: two fairly large 100% WR bags, a bunch of food/drink, 100 bayle marks (merc payment tokens) that you will need to reclaim into your alt currency, some power sources, a full set of 'heroic' gear that is about equivalent to HoT T1 (1kHP class) and 15kpp.

About AA auto-grant:
    It is not just for heroics. If you have a subbed account, you check the auto-assign option on your AA window. After that you typically need to zone. In order to be auto-granted, an AA needs to be:
    - Introduced in Rain of Fear or earlier expansion
    - Be available at your level
    - Not be one of the excluded AAs (mostly tradeskill stuff)
    So yes, if you have assigned earned AAs into some category that is now auto-granted, they are sorta "wasted". But you did enjoy their benefits when you played the game earlier, right? Consider this: I have purchased a fair number of AAs that were introduced in CotF expansion, and which are not auto-granted. Once next expansion comes out, CotF AAs will likely auto-grant. But I am enjoying the benefits of those abilities now, today.

If your account is FTP and you make a heroic character, you will get all AA that a level 85 is eligible for, but you will not be able to earn any new ones, IIRC.
  12. Venea Journeyman

Don't you have to have the AAs banked for Autogrant to spend? They're not gonna give me 3k AAs just because I click Autogrant.
    And I'm thinking about using it at 74 because of my other thread "Returning player, where do I go? D:". I can't find a group, I'm REALLY not into soloing. But if I'm 85, I have a better chance of getting a group....
  13. eqzekisdead Augur

I recommend using the heroic boost on an all new character. That way you can freely delete it and remake it without losing anything.

You can delete and remake the heroic character as many times as you want but some times it will not give you the boost back. You will need to petition and they will give it back. I have deleted and remade a heroic character 100+ times and 3 times I had to petition when it wasnt returned to me, They readded the boost after about a day or two.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No you do not have to have any banked. Yes they are going to give you ALL the AA to whatever level you are when you click auto grant. Within the limits Scorripo mentioned. And you will continue to get ALL the AA for your level EVERY TIME you level if you keep the auto grant feature on.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Go ahead, click it - its free anyway. Unlike if you buy a heroic.
  16. asfasfasfasf Augur

Some people don't like the heroic characters because when you auto grant their AA's it gives you thousands of them but misses a lot of stuff that you would really want or need. But at that point, with many thousands of AAs already spent, you have a harder time getting new ones. And you can't get a lot of the good ones before because it requires higher levels. Overall I think Heroics are worth it though, the full set of gear is a good start and certainly puts you at a much better point than an average new character with defiant gear. And it gives you max skills in all your melee and spells etc, which is useful, and most of the MPG trials done too. The 2 uber backpacks is icing on the cake.
  17. Scorrpio Augur

If you level to 85 normally with auto-grant, and never put any xp towards AA, you will end up with 100%, precisely the same set of AAs as a heroic. The "stuff you would really want or need" would be missed not because character is heroic, but because said AA are from a later expansion or tradeskill-related and does not auto-grant for anyone.
    That 'harder time getting new ones'? I dunno, I got two lvl 105s, and I have not noticed much of a harder time. From about 6k AA auto'd at 85, to about 11k at lvl 100 ( last level you currently get auto AA) I only saw my AA gain per kill accelerating. These days, boxing in SW/FM/Droga, I get an AA almost every kill. Heck, sometimes I forget to spend them and don't notice I hit the 210 banked AA limit.
    asfasfasfasf likes this.
  18. Drusi Augur

Technically speaking Heroics at 85 have more AAs than those from just auto-grant: namely DON and MPG stat raising AAs.

Not a big difference but it is a nice bonus to Heroics.

There is a sliding down XP bonus to AA under 4k, so going Heroic you lose the bonus.

This means that you could have gained a few hundred AAs (such as tradeskill AAs, Spell Subtlety AAs which are not under auto-grant) at a faster pace but you would have been much less powerful while doing so.

Thus it is only applicable to total min-maxers who are power leveling alts :)

For Primaries, you should be doing auto-grant or Heroic.

And yeah I would consider just making a Heroic on a new character. This way you keep your Necro as a backup.
  19. asfasfasfasf Augur

That's good to know!
  20. Venea Journeyman

Yea but....she's got a lot of history. And her 1.5. Thought she had her 2.0, but I was wrong. Sad about that. Heh.