Heroic Adventures in older zones?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ebonylight-Xegony, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

This might have been posted somewhere else before so forgive me if it has. The HA system is pretty decent idea with how it scales with levels even into new expansions. My problem (besides the new exp changes) is I just havent enjoyed most of the zones they are in. I feel like it would be an interesting idea to see some old zones/expansions acquire some HAs like PoP, GoD, DoDH or others. Be nice to see old environments with current exp. Thoughts?
    Esero, Sasenach, Momentum and 5 others like this.
  2. Riou EQResource

Would be nice, and hopefully spread it out more tho, not like plop 10 in 1 zone but spread it out to 10 zones instead :p
  3. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

Yes exactly! I'd be very happy with just 1 per zone but multiple zones to enjoy the older zones once again.
    Lisandra and Obiziana like this.
  4. drkoli Augur

an old seb HA?

a veksar HA?

id be in for either of those for sure!!
    Obiziana and Ebonylight-Xegony like this.
  5. Crumm Lorekeeper

Oh yeah, lvl 105 Karnor's, who's in?!
  6. Feradach Augur

Overhaul LDoN adventures using the HA code/scripts for the automagic scaling and such. That would be a lot of fun.
    Lisandra, silku and Ebonylight-Xegony like this.
  7. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

The Hole, Chardok, Howling Stones, Velk's Lab, Sirens Grotto, The Deep, Ink'tuta, Ruins of Illsalin, Lichen Creep are some zones I'd like to see done. Some of these zones I just like a lot while others I think could give more detailed lore for HAs. You could pretty much do almost any PoP zone for additional lore and I'd assume a lot of Luclin zones since I think? a lot of lore was not done (think that exps dev team was canned early?).

Could also take older group instances or zones that werent used often like: Rcod Sewers, GoD Sewers, a lot of DoDH instances were pretty cool and then maybe Harbinger's Spire. Wonder if it'd be easy to do some of these since a group model/instance is already setup.

Revamp LDoNing model doesnt seem like it would be a bad idea either but I'd prefer to see "real" zones first.
    Lisandra likes this.
  8. Obiziana Augur

I love this idea. I'd even like to see stuff like camping orcs in EC and High Pass! Some of the best friends I ever made in EQ were found at spots like that, simple outdoor zones where groups would form.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

10. Noirfu Augur

Given they only made one HA per zone in TDS, I highly doubt they'll invest resources in something like this unless they sell it as an expansion.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I guess they could try selling HAs in the marketplace.. don't know if that would be a good or bad thing though.
  12. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

Ab has a great idea there but that seems like ground work for an entire expansion and if we are talking about expansions I'd just like to see a normal one.

I feel like adding a new HA to old zones could be a monthly content thing (1 new HA a month) if they decided to even glance at this idea. Although I dont know how much work one actually take to do.

Corwyhn dont give them any ideas about selling more stuff through the marketplace! :eek::p
  13. drkoli Augur

if they added automatic scaling and current content equiv drops. id farm Ldons again nonstop. those were awesome in the day.

make the vendors sell current HME items
    Feradach likes this.
  14. Sancus Augur

I would definitely love this. I think back in February-ish the letter they posted about the future of EQ expansions mentioned revamping old dungeons temporarily, and we haven't really had that (Hardcore Heritage didn't add any zones this year). I'd imagine making an HA for a zone once a month would be easier than that, and would certainly add variety. Everquest has so much underutilized content at this point; this would be an awesome way to develop new stuff w/o expending the effort on creating whole new zones.

On top of that, I'd just love to go back to many of the zones I visited back in the early days of EQ. An HA is most likely much easier than making more HH-style zones, so we might get to see more of our favorite zones this way.
  15. Stephen51 Augur

Just for practical purposes, a HA in Alaris, with Alarans, which drop the occasional clicky to evolve the tear would be great!
  16. Kamea Augur

A lot of the revamped old content seemed to work like this: Go there, get loot for you and your group, and rarely go back. This works fine for temporary content. But for permanent revamped content to succeed, it needs to be viable XP - so the HA idea would be good for keeping revamped content populated. Also would help if the HA NPCs were quick to get to.
    drkoli and Ebonylight-Xegony like this.
  17. drkoli Augur

wish the devs would comment and let us know what they think about this
    Ebonylight-Xegony likes this.
  18. Axxius Augur

The RoF 75% xp nerf says No.

The decision was made to force players out of the old expansions. They aren't inviting you back to the content you already own and giving you another reason to skip new expansions.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The only way you will see extra HA zones based on old content is if they can make money off it.
    Lisandra likes this.
  20. Feradach Augur