Heroic Adventure question.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Psilosong, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Psilosong New Member

Hello all I am fairly new to CoTF expansion. My friend and I have ran a handful of the bixie warfronts and I really enjoy them. We have only been in the bixie warfront adventures but I have heard of Dead Hills? Do the dead hills missions give difference marks? Is there another zone with heroic adventures? I am just curious of the different rewards and whatnot. Thanks ahead of time for any info!
  2. Dandin Augur

Into the hills in dead hills from Gribble.... wrfnsgeghhgobb whatever is by far the fastest as I have encountered. But it all depends on class makeup. I have crowd control. So dealing with adds is not a problem for me.

There is also missions in Neriak third gate that are quite quick and easy, but on the flip side of that there is some more challenging ones there as well. But difficulty is relative.

The missions in Etheremere I found quite easy as well.

Something to note. The mission scales to the highest level player in the party. So if you have a level 100 cleric with you. You now have a level 100 mission.

As far as I'm aware. The mark rewards are different on each server. It basically rewards marks based on the average time it takes to complete. (On your server) ... At least that's my understanding.

I've done so many of these missions now that reward totals mean nothing to me.
    Quatr and Psilosong like this.
  3. Psilosong New Member

Interesting! Thank you Dandin for you input!
  4. JacklSK Augur

all of the HA's give marks of valor
    Tainted West Karana , Neriak 4th gate, Dead Dills and Bixie Warfront all have HA's to do.
    TWK has a bunch of vendors that accept Marks of Valor in exchange for player gear and augments, and a vendor for Merc gear as well
  5. astroguy66 New Member

Quatr likes this.
  6. Icaen Elder

I have another question about HAs. Does mob HP scale according to # of players? So if I have 6 instead of 2, the mob HP will increase? I'm wondering if there's a disadvantage to having more people. i.e. noobs and afkers having no impact, so i can invite whoever and i dont have to be careful
  7. Dandin Augur

No. Mobs health does not scale. But it will scale to player level. So inviting a level 100 who AFKs all the time is a bad idea.
    More people is always better. And you get an XP boost too
    Icaen likes this.
  8. moogs Augur

You don't get an XP boost. You get more XP because it's faster to kill things with a group. The XP is split between group members. There is no difference between having 5 players in the group and having 6. The 6th person is free and the "bonus" is that you don't share more XP.
  9. chaoz_sk Journeyman

moogs likes this.
  10. moogs Augur

Ooh, patch notes. Thanks.
  11. idej Augur

I have tried duoing HA's at lower level with my mage and shaman and I cannot kill fast enough to make exp worth it. I was getting more in Zek per hour. Where you running mage pet tank with two wiz mercs with shaman healing?
  12. Chubbexul New Member

I am so confused. I got back to the game a few weeks ago and I thought all Heroic Adventures were for grps of 3 players or more. Are there1-2 player Heroic Adventures as well? I was reading the link mentioned above http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Progression_Through_Call_of_the_Forsaken
    And they talk about 2-3 player tasks. Are the takss different then Heroic adventures? I mostly play with my brother and we both have mercs, can we really do the HA's just us 2? Sorry so lost...
  13. moogs Augur

Chubbexul, they are shared tasks, so they are for groups of 3-6. Mercs count as group members. So you and your brother with 1 or 2 mercs can get a mission.