Here's what you should expect on EXP rates on the new server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldkracow, Mar 2, 2018.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Just a little bit of digging from previous posts while I drink my coffee...

Here's a post from February 2016 that shows the difference in change at level 1 on phinny.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/xp-changes-post-patch.230813/

If you don't want to read...

Combat XP Phinigel - White Cons @ level 1

Pre-Patch (original phinny)
    1 Kill - 2%
    2 kill - 4%
    3 kill - 7%
    4 kill - 9%
    5 kill - 11%
    6 kill - 13%
    7 kill - 16%
    8 kill - 18%
    9 kill - 20% EVEN

Post-Patch (phinny after patch 2016)
    1 kill - 3%
    2 kill - 5%
    3 kill - 8%
    4 kill - 11%
    5 kill - 14%
    6 kill - 17%
    7 kill - 20% (Slightly less than 1 full yellow)

Courtesy of this thread
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ming-march-16-2018.247157/page-9#post-3636883

Level 1 Human Monk, Qeynos Hills. All white-con mobs: (Current Agnarr)
    1 kill - 5%
    2 kill - 10%
    3 kill - 15%
    4 kill - 21%!!!

Enjoy your roughly 50% slower experience on this new server vs. Agnarr :rolleyes:
  2. Hateseeker Augur

Wow. It's like Daybreak is asking, not in words, but in actions, for less people to come back each time, and for those that do to quit sooner? Or did they do a formal poll that supports this?
  3. Febb Augur

I played on Phinny before they increased the experience and it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. With a decent stream of steady pulls I was able to level to 50 within within the first month from server launch with a casual playing schedule of around 2 to 3 hours a night 3 to 4 days a week.
  4. Tachyon Augur

No worries, I like the grouping!
  5. TeeEHLpee Augur

If the exp is that bad on launch, I prolly wont stick it out. The first 50 levels will be ok with the exp bonus(week long bonus maybe?). 50-60 in kunark ,without any bonus, will be like cheese grating your face on the keyboard.

I'm here to level up fast and raid then level alts on the time between raids.
  6. Zansobar Augur

That is solo XP which is different than group XP since there is a severe XP cap on solo play which is raised/eliminated in groups. I played on Phinny at launch and you could get more XP killing the same mob in a group than you could solo (depending on the mob).

Moral of the story...don't solo for XP, GROUP instead!
  7. Mwapo Augur

It took about 100 hours of straight, fairly efficient exp to get to 50 on launch. They increased exp around 20-25% so I'd expect about 80 hours of efficient exp to 50 on Coirnav.

Some may not like it, but honestly there isn't much to do in the two biggest leveling expansions(classic/kunark) so it's not too bad. The rest of the leveling(PoP and Omens). I was super casual for and was able to complete easily within a week of a couple hours a day.

Would I have preferred faster exp? Yes. Would I change it now in hindsight? Probably not. The slower exp makes people develop a better bond with their character. Once they've leveled, they are less likely to bounce between characters a ton because it is a lot of work to relevel.

If anything they should have just started a 51/50 server in Luclin or PoP. It would have been infinitely more fun than classic/kunark again.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Hey I know that guy
    oldkracow likes this.
  9. Kahna Augur

Meh, it wasn’t the end of the world on Phinny it won’t be that big a deal here. Agnarr exp felt a little fast to me. 1-50 took me a week and 50-60 took me all of 3 days of play, Oh noes, it will take me 2 weeks to 50 and 6 days to 60 on Coirnav. I don’t know why I will even bother loggin in. Actually I estimate it will take less than a week this time, since I will have a static group, rather than relying on pugs and a newly formed guild that is still trying to get to know one another.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

So you managed 50 on phinny in 48 hours with a fresh start? :rolleyes:
    3 hours x 4 days a week = 12 hours a week x 4 = 48 hours to make it to 50 on a fresh server?
  11. Mwapo Augur

I would say people tend to underestimate how much is they play.

It was 100 hours of efficient grinding. You might be able to tweak group comp and have more enchanters to speed it up a bit, but not significantly.

He simply underestimated how much he played, that simple.
  12. Rolento Augur

All this talk about slow exp, you will have 2 solid weeks of bonus exp to get to 50. My guess is the first 50s will be max by sometime on Sunday. Get your main and alts all leveled by the end of March.
  13. TeeEHLpee Augur

so we will get 2 weeks of agnarr exp rate? :)
  14. Febb Augur

Correct. If you know where to level and have exp pots running and have a good puller with lots of DPS it can easily be done. Add in all the exp bonus we had around the holidays and it could easily be done.

I can post logs of me leveling.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Exactly.

The faster you burnout and forget about dead-in-the-water coirnav the better.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The first 50 on Phinny was around 106 hours /played, that was with a 4 mage 1 enc 1 cleric crew of 6 actual players and basically no contestion on exp camps past level 5. There was also no insta respawning NPCs harmed in the making (Holla at you Tolan Nurbyte never 5get).

With the slightly increased exp rate that would be the equivalent of around 80 hours on Coirnav (assuming no anniversary bonus was in place). Admittedly there were places exp could have been sped up a bit but by the 40 hour mark you are basically just doing whatever makes the bar move with the least resistance.
  18. Febb Augur

Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean others can't.
  19. Zansobar Augur

That sounds about right, but with the assumed 50% XP bonus for the anniversary of EQ this means about 50 to 60 hours. If in non-optimal groups I assume that goes up to around 80 hours.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ouch.... :rolleyes: