Here's 2 questions in one thread!!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by 68Strat, Apr 24, 2013.

1. 68Strat Augur

First question

I find myself fighting mobs and then needing to target myself for a heal or some buff etc. So I target myself...cast...then target the mob again. Is there an easier way to do this? I have casted a heal on a mob far too many times lol.

Ok second question

I want to change the look of my sword and shield. I went to the in game store where I can spend station cash for items...the selection was not so good...only like 10 or so weapon models to choose from. I go to the bazaar and cant seem to find any...

EQ has been out 14 years...you would think there would be TONS of skins to buy etc. Am I missing something? Can someone tell me how to browse some cool ornamentations?

Thanks!
  2. Crystilla Augur

For single purpose heals where you need a target (aka you in this instance), I typically will hit "tab", start my cast and then hit "tab" again before the spell hits. You don't have to have yourself on target when the heal hits ... you just have to be on target when you start the spell. So you can do this pretty fast.
    - Note it doesn't work the same way on duel purpose/passthrough spells and some pally group heals (like cleric ones) don't require any player to be on target so if you use those you can keep swinging at the mob.

Two things with ornamentations:
    1. SoE will rotate the ornamentations out to keep things fresh so you can always keep checking back.
    2. Look at the left side links and select "player studio". You'll find a number of options there that you might not have seen. These are the items that players themselves have created for use in EQ.
  3. Toquillaw Augur

There are key bindings for alternating between yourself and a target, I have changed mine so much I don't recall the defaults settings. But check out the Options menu -> Keys -> Target.
  4. Gladare Augur

It's tab as crystilla mentioned. That toggles between yourself and your last target.
  5. Borek-VS Augur

My personal preference is to change the keybindings to use TAB to toggle between my last two targets. That way I can toggle between two mobs; toggle between the tank and a mob; or toggle between myself and a mob. This is very convenient if you remember that F1 always targets yourself, and F2 - F6 targets your other group members, including mercs.
  6. Lophat New Member

You can also create a macro that will target yourself and cast the heal.