Help to Block Spammers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dept. of Labor, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Dept. of Labor New Member

Can DBG Please add a function to left click a Spammers name in Chat Channels and allow us to BLOCK them?
    Right next to the "Report As Spam" tab.
    BTW does the "report as spam" even do anything??
    Just tired of having to constantly stop what I'm doing to type out these annoying cross-server names to add them to my block lists.
    Many of these jerks are relentless in their spamming.
    Thank you DEVS if you can help us all out with this!
    Brontus and Tatanka like this.
  2. YellowBelly Augur

I agree. People are looking to unload their chase loot (now that the new expansion is coming) and it's relentless. Someone has been spamming Tunare with the same 2 primary cleavers every 5 minutes for the last week.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Adding ignore to the click on name would be handy.
    Tatanka likes this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

That's good.

I also have my raid leader get occasionally marked as spam in my window and marking her as "Not Spam" seems to do nothing, as future chat channel comments from her also are sometimes marked as spam.

So I do wonder why my reporting it as "Not Spam" seems to do nothing. Especially since no one in that channel (guild raiding channel) should be marking her as a spammer.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

There is a bug currently, skipping the patcher makers your account 0 days old. Therefore tons of things get marked spam.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

What about the spammers who repeatedly create new toon names, endlessly, to continue the troll and to clog up folks’ ignore lists?

If those people were held accountable, I’d be so happy!
  7. Moege Augur

Would love to have ignore added to name click list.

Dreaming of ignore and ignore account option.
  8. Dandalus New Member

please allow us to ignore people from other servers
  9. svann Augur

This.
    IMO someone that creates a new character just to get around the ignore filter is not trying to sell - he is intending to be a disruption. He knows that if you have him on ignore you will NEVER buy what he is selling.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You can type /ignore servername.charactername

They don't do it to get around ignore, they do it to get around Spam; because people mark them as that instead of just ignoring them. When you are marked as spam, no one sees what you say; and the majority of people don't even see that you even said anything unless they have specifically chosen to see people marked as spam.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Sometimes their filters are over zealous.

Marking spam messages as spam, and non-spam (click on the SPAM link then look in your say window to decide) as non-spam helps train things to be better.

You can adjust each message by clicking on the persons name on the message.
  12. Brohg Augur

I don't think it a bold statement that no player who ignores a character wants to hear from that character's player on some other of their characters. /ignore feature should absolutely be synonymous with Block User - that whole acct - as a default.
  13. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Great idea!
  14. Feznik Elder

The report as spam does work, but a threshold number of "unique" players have to report before the person gets marked as spam. By "unique", I mean that if you are the using multiple characters/accounts from the same IP address to mark the person as SPAM, that doesn't count.

Unless you change your ip address, their system detects that already.

The system works fine as it is, the problem is that the bazaar system is so outdated (18 years old), people are resorting to general chat to SPAM their goods for WTS/WTB/WTT stuff spam. That is the true issue, you can't really blame/fault the players for doing that when the developers have had over 15 years to update the bazaar and have decided not to do so.
  15. kookoo Augur

raising the seller price in bazaar over 2 millions plats could help as well to avoid some spamming **.. won't do much about the cross server spam tho.