Help me get caught up... please.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zaxamaphone, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Zaxamaphone Augur

So I was gone for 2.5 years. I come back and see people talking about achievements, collection quests, etc that give 200+ AA. Upon coming back I settle back into my grinding mode, but keep seeing these "easy AA" talked about in /general and /gu.

What the heck is everyone talking about? I've looked into returning player FAQs but don't see anything about it.

Someone mind explaining all this to me, or at least provide a link?

Thank you!
  2. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Collection achievements (technically they are achievements but they function more like quests) give 10AA for each completion, or if you are under a certain level (90 I think?) they only give 2AA.. I suppose some of them might be considered "easy" if you simply purchased the items instead of hunting for them on your own. But that can get very costly very quickly.
  3. Piestro Augur

The only thing I can think of is that people are referring to multiple individual collections/achievements collectively.
  4. Zaxamaphone Augur

I've also heard "Partisan" and "Mercenary" Tasks referred to, but have no idea what they are or where I find them.
  5. Piestro Augur

Check your achievements window, it makes it easier to find stuff. The ones they are referring to are for Rain of Fear.
  6. Borek-VS Augur

There's been a gradual shift towards gaining experience from quests; this tends to get adjusted so that it really only ever applies to the latest expansion.

Collections are only relevant once you are working RoF (and CotF, I guess).

Achievements are, as Piestro says, in the /ach window. They apply largely, again, to recent expansions, but some have been retro-fitted as far back as TSS, and these ones constitute the Hero's Journey. It's very easy to find out what Hero's Journey stages you can work on, and what rewards you can get. You don't get much experience from these; the exp you get comes from the killing. But they do reward some reasonable armor, and Hero's Journey is a good way of keeping your gear up to date in the lower (pre-80) levels.

There are also "slayer" achievements, which mainly just give you a Banestrike AA, which gets upgraded for each achievement you complete. These can be completed (some of them) even at level 1, provided there are mobs of that type, and at that level, to kill. Like bunnies, rats and bats.
  7. Zaxamaphone Augur

With today's release of CotF I'm now caught up on expansions (was previously just at HoT) so I think I will take my mage and bard to the Tier 1 zones of VoA and begin all the tasks/quests there as a fresh start.
  8. moogs Augur

Have fun! VoA is crazy.
  9. Arderd and Crowd Augur

I'd start in HoT, even if you are a little high. There's lot of AC augs and things you can camp, it'll get you used to the systems of quests and access and stuff, while gearing you up. Atfter a few weeks, while doing the daily quests, I'd skip VoA completely if you are uptodate on expansions. You can get a few things from VoA, but lots of nice stuff in RoF, and there's another expansion out already.
  10. Zaxamaphone Augur

Yeah.. tried the VoA thing. Those mobs hit like a truck. I went and started HoT progression dual box with my 90 Bard and 85 Mage. I'm finding I don't really care for questing with a two box. It's a pain in the rear running two accounts around.
  11. Arderd and Crowd Augur

Yeah, it can be a little annoying running 2 accounts round like that. Saves time on doing them twice seperately, though.
  12. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Go to the Guild Lobby. In the corners you'll find billboards. They'll have info on what guilds are recruiting. Find one with players your level in your play time that suits you. The game is much more fun that way and you'll have a guild full of people (presumably) interested in helping you out.
  13. Borek-VS Augur

/lfguild will show you the guild panel from anywhere, just the same as the noticeboards in the Lobby.
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.