Hello DBG, can we get patch for Broken Golem?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SithWizard, Sep 20, 2017.

1. SithWizard Elder

Hello folks from DBG, as long as your rolling out a big old fat patch today is there any chance you can make the broken golem for wizard epic more feasible? Maybe have it be a guaranteed spawn if your willing to blow a DZ on it in game? Maybe lower his spawn timer in main pick and also in other picks? As it stands Aganarr has an entire community of angry wizards who cannot get their epics finished.
    MarttinPH likes this.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

They wanted his name to have some meaning.
    Nolrog likes this.
  3. Nolrog Augur

Hah. That's what I thought of as well. . . .
  4. Opimo Journeyman

Can't be that angry about it. We walked into an empty fear and got one for our port box today. It's like the rest of you aren't even trying.
    squidgod likes this.
  5. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Seems to me someone is getting it finished, or otherwise it would always be up, right? Maybe you should try as hard as the ones who got it?
  6. Yruc Augur

There was a krono farmer selling the broken golem piece in Wizard chat for 25kr. A guild wizard who only needs this piece offered 5kr and they just laughed and said they aren't taking anything less than 12kr...

I feel for the wizards. Give it a chance to spawn in an instanced version of the zone which will help clear up this bottle neck
    SithWizard likes this.
  7. AgentofChange Augur

To be fair it sounds like they didn't get the price they wanted, so they may very well have given it to their box wizard after failing to sell it.
  8. Drakkal Elder

So I guess then that would earn this guy the second title in my response?
    SithWizard likes this.
  9. SithWizard Elder

I am just going to throw this little bit of information out there to those who are saying "try harder" or whatever.

1. I check everyday
    2. There is ALWAYS a box / bot army sitting there (on a "true box" server).. what a joke that turned out to be. People are using virtual machine and other sneaky ways to circumvent the system as usual. This is what happens when you do not have GM's anymore.

That is all.
    Vindaven and Risiko like this.
  10. Opimo Journeyman

We didn't get the price we wanted, so we gave it to a port box. He got his epic last night at level 51. Now he can sit at Wiz spires and TL us in style.

Fear was completely empty when we started clearing it. He popped as we were getting ready to pull CT. We literally had enough time to run someone to BB to figure out how to get another Sprocket.

My suggestion to you is to join a guild that will help you get it. If you're trying to do it by yourself and your guild isn't helping, then you're in a terrible guild.
  11. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

Make Broken Golem spawn sometime after downing CT in a way that it can spawn in an instance or go back to the original quest and have the needed item drop off CT himself.

No reason I should have to deal with people like ^^^ or others that are looking to rip people off for their epics. Shouldn't be able to face-roll your epic but also shouldn't have to deal with the neighborhood haks and extortionists either.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Never mind.
  13. Gauss New Member

I mean, I am in full agreement Marl Kastane and enchanter epic appear to be way too time-gated but it looks like Broken Golem really isn't that bad. It does kind of sound like you aren't trying, literally every Wizard in my guild has their epic and none of them paid anyone for an . It sounds like you just saw a group of boxed mages in fear and left? I'm confused as to why. Not long after server launched I went into Chardok to grab the singed scroll for my Cleric epic, we fight down to the Royals area and of the 4 picks open there was a mage box group trying to pick-surf three of them and a larger group from a single guild just seeming to hold one of the picks.

We had eight people, 2 Enchanters, an SK, Cleric (me), Warrior, Bard, Mage and another random DPS I don't remember and once the Royals started popping we killed them over the 6 box mages no problem. They were very slow to acquire target and start fighting (we had Overking at like 80% before their pets came running into the room), and we just simply out DPSed them. If our numbers hadn't been enough we'd have likely just asked for more help from the guild, problem solved. Over the next two hours we camped like 3 of the picks and killed 6 cycles of Royals and never lost a one to a mage box group.

Mages aren't an "I Win" button, but if you aren't even willing to try and compete for targets then obviously they're always going to get them.
  14. ikarinokamii Elder

As someone who has started back playing EQ after 15 years I would also like this change. As it stand because of my Job as an ADA I will never be able to do what is required to get this camp or spawn. This server has very high popular of people with jobs and families and we shouldn't lose out on the ability to get our epics merely because we don't have the ability to camp a spawn for 16+ hrs straight for weeks on end. the simple solution is add the spawn to the AOC instance this does not seem a difficult change, and the loot table can be adjusted to reflect the increased amounts of time the mob is available or make it so the mob can only be triggered after killing CZ. whatever, the concern is not difficulty but access. Access that I have never going to get because of circumstances that have nothing to do with skill or gameplay.
    Vindaven and SithWizard like this.
  15. Opimo Journeyman

Join.A.Guild.That.Will.Help.You.

Kunark is all about getting people their Epics. If you're in a guild that isn't placing a priority on it, then you're in the wrong guild.
  16. FatherDoom New Member

17. Soon Augur

I requested to buy the bard guts from UDB back in Kunark, at a price of 30kr. They didn't take my kronos. Seems this bottleneck isn't too hard by looking at the price of it.
  18. Raltar Augur

You ever stop to think that maybe EQ isn't the game for you if you can't put the time into obtaining these items? Everquest has been like this since the beginning. Why should it change now?
  19. Drakkal Elder

Typical troll response....."Maybe EQ isn't the game for you", these comments crack me up because if all of us walked away other then you trolls, you would have all of what? 6 other people play EQ with?

There are some real reason this type of thing should change and the game itself has changed enough to warrant this being looked into. Just the fact that just about everyone but Wizard/SK/Enchanter has no real bottlenecks like this is really enough of a reason. Picks were put in to attempt to make things more accessible, it worked for most classes when it comes to epics.

Now add in the fact that there is no real PnP anymore or any type of enforcement of what little rules there are, completely changed this from how it was back in the day. I've put in my time on my wizard, we were set up just the night, just to have another guild train and wipe us so they could take him. This type of behavior alone is completely different from how it was and is exactly why it should be changed. You cannot claim things like "this is how it always was, so it should stay that way", when the game and community has changed so drastically.
    Vindaven and SithWizard like this.
  20. Thunndar Journeyman

Fix the damn Enchanter spawns as well. 19 hours for this 2 or 3 days for that
    SithWizard likes this.