Healer mercs doing the old "stand by"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by strikemaster, Apr 7, 2013.

1. strikemaster Journeyman

Long story short

About a year or so ago, right after the release of VoA, remember how all the healer mercs would stand by and not heal, well after last weeks patch, they are doing it again. I could tank Argath trash mobs at level 97 with my RNG, now at 98, the healer merc just stands by and throws up a weak heal over time spell instead of a splash, so while the Mob is doubling me for 7-10k per pop, the healer merc is hitting me with a 600 per tick heal. At 10% it decides to put out a CH, but a little to late.
  2. Warpiggs Augur

Buffblock the Heal over time/CH. Problem solved.
  3. Anuulified Elder

Mark yourself as the Main Tank, block all spells that could interfere. My shaman has the same problem every expansion since they made them, til I do these things.
  4. Connundrum Lorekeeper

How do you block spells? I solved my problem by using the roles to set main tank, but am curious about shi way to block spells, I have not heard of it.
  5. artofnoise Augur

Watch your buff or short-term buff windows for the heal you do not wish your Cleric merc to use. Then right-click the spell icon and in the drop down list, choose "Add this spell to list of blocked spells".

You can manage (and manually add by name) Blocked Buffs by clicking your EQ button and opening the Blocked Buffs window:
    EQ > Character > Blocked Buffs (near bottom of list)

Be aware that there is a limit on how many spells you can put in here (30 IIRC). You can remove older Blocked Buffs from this window by clicking them off just as you would in the normal buff window. You can also add spells/buffs by typing their name exactly in the text box, which is very handy.