headshotting

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by chrisapete, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Hatsee Augur

Headshot was never a factor in anything other than getting more ranks of headshot.
    Bangzoom likes this.
  2. Hannil-luclin Lorekeeper

Personally I'd rather see HS die off, and heavy arrow(if it'll actually fire off more than just rain of arrows and archery) be improved upon since it procs on any mob type.
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

I'm not sure why this is even a discussion again??
    Elidroth busted our chops a bit about us actually liking this HS 2.0 better, and then assured us it would stay at level -1 for the foreseeable future. Fine with me.
    I made a comment that a "Fatal Bow Shot" could actually be made "fatal" - but meh.
    And who really wouldn't like it to work on anything with a head?? :)
    I don't think anyone is "balancing" Rangers around HS. HS is a "parlor trick" not our bread and butter as a class. The Devs know that.
    -R
    PS: Re: Heavy Arrow: I rarely see it show up on raid parses. I kinda wrote that one off.
  4. Eriadoc Elder

The mass kill issue was due to beaming, and to a much lesser extent, SK swarming, especially when done in public zones instead of instanced zones. Regardless, that's not why they nerfed all that stuff. That's what they would like you to believe, but the truth of the matter is, they would find it more difficult to sell L85 characters if people can just PL from L1 to L85 in such a short time. Headshot was a way for rangers to PL, so it got caught in the nerf. It can still be used to PL, but the proc rate is so low, you're better off buying a L85 heroic character to start with, which was the entire intent behind the nerf anyway.
    silku, Wayylon and Ratbo Peep like this.