Having troubles with gold healer merc

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kinadafz, Aug 21, 2017.

1. kinadafz Augur

When tanking in Argoth on my 89 war (heroic character, but 90% of all gear has been upgraded to Thule T3 armor, so 1500hp gear type of stuff), the merc has a hell of a time healing me. On trash mobs, i'll die about 40% of the mobs pulled.

On named, no issues at all, just trash.

I have him set to efficient, but it seems like he can't keep up. His fast heals just don't really touch my hps.

Would it be better to go balanced or efficient?

Sometimes I'll bring in my other gold cleric also on bigger named, but generally it's a PITA to move the group members around.

My box group is 89 war, 88mag, 85 bard, 85 monk, 86 zerker. So, I have slow also from the bard, and still getting pounded while on efficient.
  2. lancelove Augur

Switch to reactive! I've no problems with my merc set on reactive.
  3. shruggz Elder

I think reactive is the way to go, you will use more mana that way, but a full mana bar on your healer does you no good when your tank dies.
    there are also some spells you want to block, there are several threads around somewhere that tell you which ones I don't remember off the top of my head.
    when using multiple merc healers set one to reactive, the other to balanced so they are not casting the same spells at the same time.
    hope this helps good luck.
  4. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Is this a Journeyman or Apprentice merc?
  5. kinadafz Augur

Gah! I'm sorry, I have him on reactive already, not efficient, and he can't keep up. It is a j5 healer merc.

Coincidentally, I had the same problem when I actually play my cleric and use the quick heals. They are too small and I can't keep up, but once I go to the next level spell (bigger and slower), I have no issues.

You can tell the merc which spells to cast and which not to cast? That may be ideal.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

If you add spells to your Blocked Buffs the merc will be forced to cast others.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

OP may indeed want to block "Promised" line of healing spells if Reactive stance doesn't help the situation. I know healer mercs are quirky sub level 100 with unexplainable reaction delays.
  8. Scorrpio Augur

I have no issues with my healer merc. Of course with a chanter/druid combo every mob comes debuffed to the hilt (tash/helix/ro/breath)
    What gear is on your merc? What AA?
  9. Lheo Augur

10. Funk Augur

You have a group of 89's in an expansion made for level 91-95. It's going to be a little tough till you are higher level. You would do better working on your T4 gear from House of Thule, get all your AC augs from Morell's and Sanctum Somnium for your tank and hit 90 on your tank at least so you can equip all those augs and items from T4. Also you are light on heals if you think 1 merc healer is enough remember even a j5 healer is miles away from a real player/character healer.
  11. kinadafz Augur

Thanks for all the info. My warrior is a tad undergeared, but he should not be dieing so often. I really feel that blocking the spells will help and I'll give that a go this week.
  12. kinadafz Augur

I've blocked the spells. It's hard to tell if that is what helped or getting 3 new pieces of gear and a level is what helped. Although yellow con mobs still pose a very large challenge (non named), at least I can burn a lesson Argath and feel comfortable.
  13. kinadafz Augur

As an update - I was simply undergeared for the content I was doing.

I have since leveled to about 95, full fear touched gear (basically 2k gear on all slots), and about 60% complete on all heroic augs. The other 40% augs are pretty good ones, but room for improvement.

I can tank 2 blue-even cons with not much of any issue. 3 and I pop final stand as it's a crap shoot if the healer will keep up or not.