having trouble finding good faqs

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Thomasofold, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Thomasofold Elder

Hello everyone I have spent a considerable time searching google so please dont say to search there (maybe i suck at google)

Im specifically looking for faqs that list named monsters (even in gloomingdeep mine)

As well as a guide that shows you what tradeskills can be done in gloomingdeep and what levels can be reached.

Maybe a list of what items can be dropped like the combatants shovel and pebble.

Right now Im leveling as many skills as I can in gloomingdeep by smashing on enemies but not killing them. This wont work for archery or throwing unfortunently as I can only get in 1-2 hits with ranged... I might need to two box a tank lol. (Also have been purposely dying hahah)

As a side question if someone could answer. I played two years ago and the game loaded quite fast but everytime I log in now it takes forever. At least 5 minutes if not 10. Is this just me or everyone?
  2. snailish Augur

Not sure if this link will work for you:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npclist.html?zone=271

Zam has a Gloomingdeep zone listing. The above link was the full bestiary list from that, there is also items, quests, etc. but you may have to be premium to see it all (I don't recall).

Almarsguides is kind of the guide place to look. EQresource and Fanra's may have what you need. If you hail all the NPC in Gloomingdeep I am pretty sure the last bracket to be given quest tasks is level 8 (so if you run around at level 10 and talk to everyone again you shouldn't miss anything).

Off the top of my head there is an oven for cooking. I don't recall any other static tradeskill containers (but could be wrong)... any that can be done with a portable container you could bring in...

You're going to hit various skill caps in Gloomingdeep as many skills max out by level, not sure I see the point in purposely dying or not killing the mobs (not killing them will slow you getting the rare spawns too I would suspect). The skill points you slower-grind this way you could just make up properly XPing in a level 15-20 zone.
    Thomasofold likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Here is one little know tradeskill from gloomingdeep http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=73635
    Found that when I was searching all bags in EQ.

Usually I will google <zone name> and go to the Alla link. Then look thru quests for that zone and if I had a premium subscription then I could see ALL the items and something might be listed there. There is an NPC list on each zone site in Alla - just click NPC and then show all - don't need subscription on that one. Says if it is a monster or merchant or whatever - then click on the link and get more info.

Your log in is way too slow. For that I would google eq loads too slow or something like that and maybe some hints in that - This is the first thing I would try: reset your router/modem and make sure if your on wi fi that you try direct connect to modem - turn off firewalls just for testing the allow eq thru and see if that helps. Anti virus programs are notorious for blocking EQ and slowing it down.

You could try bypassing the launcher but unfortunately bypassing the launcher is not a supported method of accessing EverQuest, so if you do then you could have issues like anchors disappearing or veteran rewards not showing right. Also I would suggest going to your EverQuest directory, open the launchpad.libs folder, delete the launchpad.cache folder located there and try connecting once again.

Also how old is your computer? Windows system?
    Thomasofold likes this.
  4. alexander97 Lorekeeper

delete your browsing history if you have to much it is so lagy i'm using windows 7 and mine is good/decent
    Thomasofold likes this.
  5. Thomasofold Elder

The last time I played everquest I was never even close to max level on skills and felt like it was a chore even trying to keep them close. I would keep leveling up and raising the max so fast I felt like I kept getting pushed further and further behind. Im only doing it while in gloom and after that I wont care as much
    2 year old dell laptop with win 10. It played everquest fine 2 years ago.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

7. Phiyre Augur

Guessing the slow load time is more on their end (saving money by cutting server costs). I run eq on a system w/ 32gb ram, 12 (or 16gb) vid card, ssd and it is slow loading. Not as slow as you but for an antique of a game, it's slow..
    I would assume they are and have been running the game with minimal resources which will only continue to get worse.

Hire a tank merc for lvling up throwing/archery if 2 boxing isn't a good option for u :)
  8. Zamiam Augur

hmm I only run 16gb ram , 6gb vid card, ssd and my system doesnt run slow at all and I box 4 to 6 toons most the time .. and im on wifi .. the longest load time i have is going from char select to in game takes about 45seconds .. zoning in most zones takes 15 to 30 seconds(depends on if im running 4 or 6 toons)