Haste Foci for Hybrids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dafootfistway, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Dafootfistway Lorekeeper

Does anyone know how this calculation works?

A 3.0 spell seems to get 30% base haste for being a hybrid, making it a 2.1.

What I can't figure out is this:

Affliction Haste II brings Stinging Swarm to 1.5.

I'm guessing this is: (3.0) [spell base time] * (0.7) [hybrid haste] * (0.67) [33% AEII] = 1.407 rounded up to 1.5? Kind of weird if so, but that explains stinging swarm if it's true.

What about Drones of Doom? That's a level 54 spell. Isn't Affliction Haste II supposed to lose 5% per level above 44? Is it just 5% lost period? Because that's the only way I could see that working (it being 28% haste instead of 33%).

Then for Drones: (3.0) [spell base time] * (0.7) [hybrid haste] * (0.72) [28% AEII] = 1.512 rounded up to 1.6?

Does that sort of weird rounding happen for everything? Swing timers too?

Affliction Efficiency II:
    1: Increase Spell Haste by 33%
    2: Limit: Max Level(44) (lose 5% per level over cap)
    3: Limit: Min Duration (30.00 sec)
    4: Limit: Min Casting Time (2.00 sec)
    5: Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)
    6: Limit: Effect (Hitpoints allowed)
    7: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

[IMG]
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No.

Hybrids get innate detrimental spell haste that maxes at 50% of a spell's value (unsure what the max amount is if there was some insanely long cast time spell theoretically). I can't remember what level it starts, like 50? You get 0.1 taken off the spell cast time of detrimentals spells, maxing at 50% spell haste. It was a nod way back about 15 years ago to the fact that you would lose dps as a hybrid by casting dps spells.

So your 3.0 detrimental cast time spell will be 1.5 no matter what gear or buffs you have on.

I'm not sure there is any spell out there that any hybrid actually gains anything on from detrimental spell haste anymore.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Spell haste caps for everyone at 50%.
  4. Dafootfistway Lorekeeper

Thanks!! Yeah, makes sense about the cap. :)
  5. Laronk Augur

My understanding its actually 5% of the 33% lost so it becomes 5% less effective, not - 5% so it actually -1.65 per level after 10 levels you're at half effectiveness.

16.5 + 30 = 46.5 haste so 3.0 * 53.5% = 1.605 cast

I think the haste is additive with the other haste not multiplicative.

Because of spell haste cap for stinging swarm its just 3.0 * 50% = 1.5 no weird rounding.
  6. Dafootfistway Lorekeeper

Thanks! Makes perfect sense. :)