Has the Queue Created a New AFK?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brovaar, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brovaar Elder

Don't get me wrong. I do think the queue has potential and it was meant to make it fair for all, but when you are sitting in a queue with no timer people are going to get up and go do other things. The server will eventually bring them to the selection screen but it may stay there for who knows how long while the person is AFK.

I am thinking this is why it is taking to long to get back into the game compared to no queue because many people may be staying at the character select screen and blocking others from entering the game. What was meant to be a fix may have created more problems than it solved.

Compounding the matter is when the game crashes and forces you to go through the queue system again and while you are waiting you cannot even log into the other servers to kill time--you are essentially blocked from playing. This is not making it fair but instead is hampering the whole community. I think DBG is on the right track I just wish they would not do such things on a weekend when no one is around to undo it if need be.
  2. Brelic Elder

So basically they should do anything in your opinion because no-one will ever be happy and no system is perfect. The queue is actually a decent system, despite its minor flaws. Be grateful they even added one, even if u dont like it.
    Tamier likes this.
  3. Tons Journeyman

Minor flaws? lol get real man. You mean gaping holes
  4. Sanjo New Member

They would be considered minor flaws if it actually loaded people in order, which it does not do properly. when 2 people join the queue at the same time but have more than 1 hour difference something is wrong. I'm not saying I don't appreciate the effort, but this was coded and implemented over night and even though it doesn't work properly it was left in...
  5. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

no queue = get in game in less then 5mins.. queue = get in game who knows when..
    Fhiele and Syrgen like this.
  6. Brovaar Elder

That is not what I was saying. Read my words. I think it has potential but implementing it on a long weekend without testing it out just created more problems than it solves. The point of the queue is to allow everyone a fair chance at getting in. I would say people bumped from the game due to client crashes (5 for me today) and having to wait hours to get back in again or those logging in having to wait over an hour when before the queue it may have been minutes is not a minor issue. When you have people who got tired of waiting and walked off not knowing the system has them at the character select screen and therefore introducing the AFK problem back into the game again this is not a minor issue.

I am not being ungrateful as you have stated. I am pointing out issues that they need to address. Remember, I did say it has potential so please take that into consideration before you accuse me of being ungrateful.
    Fhiele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.