Harmonic Dissonance

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cadira, Aug 5, 2023.

1. Cadira Augur

This aa is granted at 68, but the zone supposedly is required 72 to enter. This used to be 68, the same level you acquired the aa.

The aa doesn't let you zone in even after you buy it until you are the proper lvl. The aa should either unlock at 72, or the zone requirement on live servers needs to be brought back down to 68 like it used to be. It's bizarre you'd make the level requirement 72 since PoR is a 70 max expansion.
    Fenthen and Yinla like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, it is one of the more convoluted things they have done in the game but......

To test out what is happening here I took a level 70 alt, not flagged, and bought the AA Harmonic Dissonance (well. it was free) and clicked it. Ported me just fine into the Theater of Blood. So on live, it it not required level 72.

The Theater Of Blood was originally a raid level zone that required flagging. The flag was either be level 72 or get the actual flag which was the Twisted Harmonic Chime. There is a quest for this that starts in Arcstone.

If you are on a TLP then its possible you still have to do this flagging to enter the zone.

Then on live servers it was changed it to where you could be level 68 and got the AA Harmonic Dissonance to get there.

POR is not a level 70 max expansion. Theater of Blood alone is marked levels 70-80 and mobs are 65-73. Other zones in the expansion are lower than Theater.

So we can infer from your character's inability to enter TOB that he is on a TLP since it works on live. You may need to do the flagging.
    Fenthen and Cadira like this.
  3. Cadira Augur

This is super cool, that makes me happy to know its at least 70. I'm trying to gear lvl 70 alts for lols. Well, they're 68 atm so was hoping to pre gear them. But 70 isn't bad.

The level cap, was in fact, 70 when por was released. It was not a lvl increase expac and 70 was that cap before hand. That's all I meant by that.

This is on Xegony, current live server.
    Fenthen and CatsPaws like this.
  4. Loup Garou De loop de loop

took it out cause its totally invalid now lol
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

(Don't always trust the information supplied on one player site, search around)

The AA is long cast, what is happening when you hotkey and activate it? What is it showing in log file?
  6. Cadira Augur

It tells me i don't meet the requirements to go to that zone.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

Maybe you have to zone in once the normal way.
  8. Cadira Augur

Don't believe so, unless that's new. My high lvl toons have always used and only used the aa. I think it's as simple as: they changed requirement to zone in to 70 instead of 68, and never updated the aa to be buyable at70 instead of 68
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You are correct, there is no requirement to zone the "normal" way which would be hard because this zone has no alternate access. You either use the Twisted Harmonic Chime or the Harmonic Dissonance AA.

I think the confusion is

#1 Allah and all the other writes up are wrong and it was not changed to 68 but maybe the devs made a mistake and listed it as 68 in the AA window.

#2 One has to be level 70 to get the quest for the Twisted Harmonic Chime. So it would make more sense that the dev's changed the AA to level 70 and made a mistake in the level that shows in the window.

They appear to have made another alteration in that in order to use the AOC for this you have to do the quest version.
    Cadira likes this.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

Im pretty sure you are required to be flagged to request any AoC, I know I couldnt zone in alts that werent flagged for some zone.