"hardcore" server?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tazzytu22, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Tazzytu22 Journeyman

Can Daybreak create a server that has limited boxing. Not zero boxing but perhaps maximum of two accounts on one computer but the real gem I want is a server that has Auto-AA Disabled permanently.
    levels 1-90 are now just a boring grind, and before you know it your pushed to raid and get gear.
    Before the Auto grant, I enjoyed sticking around at level 60-70 grinding a thousand aa and either investing a lot in quality gear at that level or farming them myself. I would do this for level 75-85 also, Occasionally taking breaks from leveling and just grinding AA and getting familiar with them, watching steadily and slowly your power increase over time. It was really fun.
    I know everyone or some will say well, just disable the auto grant and don't use it! I've said the same thing, but really? It is hard and its tough to find even a single person willing to stick around grinding aa for a month or two.
    That being said it would be nice to have a server that has the auto grant aa removed..
    I think the idea behind this from daybreak or perhaps I am wrong is people would be suckered into buying powerleveling for AA.. That might be true but it didnt fix anything. People are just getting Powful levels for their seasons.. There are no reasons now to stick around and explore with a challenge 51-85 zones. And gear of those levels is obsolete and worth as much as crude defiant cloth sleeves.
    I would like to see a server one day and not in many years with no auto aa, FV loot rules, and instances like picks (maybe) also when creating a new toon on this here badass proposed server we should have a option to have the character hardcore, much like the diablo series games.. One death is permanent and thus after death can no longer be played. That hardcore toon would be nice to start off with increase effectiveness from stats than normal characters..

Alright thats enough rabble..

Hope someone enjoys the idea and comments/adds ideas

Marr be with you.
  2. Duhbeast Augur

That's not hardcore. Hardcore is pvp with item loot or possibly death kills your character for good.
    Drusi likes this.
  3. blaydh New Member

And there is the main reason that your only true option is to choose that play style, because there will never be enough people in the current EQ landscape to justify making a new server with the limitations you outlined.

Old-school players who are leveling up new toons are often unwilling or uninterested to invest another round of AA grinding to get the new toon caught up.

The majority of rare new players are not going sit in the 51-100 doldrums to get up to where existing players are willing to bring them into groups. They will burn out and quit before they fully realize the size and scope of this game.

Taking a break from leveling to grind hundreds or thousands of AAs really is a thing of the past. The past is the past, whether we like it or not. Luckily, those who want to play in that style can still choose to do so, and could group with with friends of similar mindsets.

Looking ahead, perhaps there will be some option in the future to build and run our own servers...then we can tailor them in the ways we would like. I just don't see it happening from the current ownership...
  4. Thraine Augur

Who knows, i would have never thought that they would come out with a server like the quarm server .. and the craziest thing is, people are actually playing on it.

Give it time, anything is possible i guess
  5. jiri_ Augur

I don't get why so many new ruleset ideas are geared towards screwing people who don't either six-box or have a guild who would migrate en masse. The reality is that most of the grind in Everquest teaches you very little about how to play at the highest level. The majority of the gameplay from 1-75 or so is irrelevant to the 105+ experience. Some classes won't even begin to unlock their modern class identity until 91+. So we should want to make that experience faster and not slower.

If what you want is the authentic 51-85 experience, then join Phinny. And then complain about how slow everything is and how augh it's awful and why can't we box and blah blah blah blah blah.
    Drusi likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

Can DBG make a hard core server where all the mobs are fluffy bunnies and kitties and we get quadruple XP for every kill?
    snailish likes this.
  7. snailish Augur

While recognizing the obvious sarcasm.... this would be a great Quarm server event. Killing the big rabbit in Mischief could be the final task...