Happy Holidays from SOE!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Nightmares Augur

True, some of us are not Christians. However some of us are not Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, or any of the other religions; nor are some from certain geographical areas that celebrate this time, not based by religion, but by local custom.
    Is it so wrong to wish someone Merry Christmas, Happy Ramadan, Kwanzaa, Hannukah, Festivus, Winter Solstis, or any of the other traditions celebrated? What is implied is they are simply wishing you good tidings and cheer during this time of year, which means something to them. It has nothing to do with forcing anyone to believe in another persons beliefs, nor any ulterior motives. It's simply one person wishing well to another because they wish to.
    Taking offense to the fact that other people have their own beliefs? Or even taking offense that people want to wish others well? Seriously?
    Pardon the phase " Heaven Forbid" if I wish someone a Merry Christmas and they don't follow Christianity. But I've been welcomed with Happy Hannukah countless times, Happy Ramadan as well. In fact I can't remember all the different ways people have offered their good will towards me. Not once did I take offense, because I knew they were not forcing their beliefs on me; they were simply wanting me to have good cheer and fortune during a time that was special to them. If you have a problem with this, I suppose you have an issue with people telling you Happy Birthday, or Happy Anniversary (or even congratulating you on a promotion at work)? People wanting to celebrate special times in their lives or yours.
    If that's the case I truly feel sad for you, because that would be very lonely, having no one wanting to share in your joys, or your life for that matter.
    So from a Paying Customer to possibly another, Merry Christmas, or what ever Holiday you celebrate, if you celebrate. And if not, Good tidings during this time of year.