Halp smart people! Windows 10 issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jhenna_BB, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I've been a Windows 10 user for like 2 weeks now and me no likie so far. My issue is (from what I can tell) everytime Windows does something, an update, runs a system app, whatever, EQ gets pushed behind that process and opens up the issue of being able to click through my UI to the task bar - which minimizes EQ. If I kill our raid because EQ minimized on me, I'm going to scream lol. Any idea for how to make Windows ? :p Thanks!

I did try try setting the taskbar to automatically hide, that didn't work.
  2. Vanrau Augur

In EQ, is Overlap Windows Taskbar set in the display options?
  3. Phiyre Augur

Uninstall and get windows 7?
    Seriously though, I have 10 at work and it is complete garbage. Authenticated my office copy (old school i bought) and each update normally hoses it, asking for re authentication etc. If I were forced to use windows 10 at home, the first thing i would do is trick it so it doesn't update unless i tell it to. you can search google and find out how to do it.
  4. Buri Augur

I have win10 at work and home, and it works fine for me. I have never had it interrupt EQ. I did set it up so it only updates in the middle of the night, early on.
  5. howtor New Member

couple things to try:
    Are you in windowed mode or full screen? windowed mode will do that full screen wont
    also make sure game mode in windows is on (should be by default) but again only works in full screen
  6. moogs Augur

7. Buri Augur

Good point, I always play in full screen, maybe that's why I've never run into this.