Gunthak Grit Stacking

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Naugrin, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Naugrin Augur

Can we have this changed so it can be used with stat mounts? I'm not asking it to stack. I just want to be able to use my mount from market place with it.....best effect takes precedence.

I thought someone was gonna bring this up to the devs when it was discovered but I haven't heard anything since.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Axxius Augur

It's already on Beta (and Test?) and probably going live on Wednesday.
  3. Riou EQResource

They only split off the HP part on beta tho into its own buff, mounts will still block it cause of the ac / end / mana iirc
  4. smash Augur

Yeah, and only thing that has happened, is that it now takes 3 slots instead of 2, and you still cannot use Mount.
    So change = worthless, in fact bad due to the 3 buff slots instead of 2.
  5. iniari-TR Augur

I use the flying dragon mount from fos raid and the cotf mount. the only issue I have is the need to click off the illusion.
  6. Tearsin Rain Augur

... that is *horrible* and dear god please do not do this.
    i have enough issues with getting buff locked without dumping another buff icon on me.

if you're going to be splitting out stats into a separate buff PLEASE split out the mount stats to their own buff that is cast when when you mount, even that involves making the mount buffs completely incompatible with gunthak grit.
  7. Gladare Augur

They split out the hp for beastlords and shamans, I think.
  8. Naugrin Augur

Hopefully they don't put that in and work on a better fix.

Not holding my breath for either though.
  9. Fooba Augur

Block all 12 illusions
  10. Naugrin Augur

The problem I'm talking about isn't with the illusion.....it's the buff.
  11. Gragas Augur

I still don't understand how hard it is to click a buff off if you want to use a mount, as far as the 3 buff thing in beta same thing, click off the unwanted portion of the buff and you still get the benefit from the buff you decide to keep.

Some things do not stack in EQ, period.
  12. Naugrin Augur

I don't think it's hard. I think it's a small thing that many people would like fixed. I think ample time has passed for it to be addressed.

Is there some game breaking issue that is danger of being shoved to the back burner because of this? It would seem to me that soe would like to fix anything that in any way discourages the purchasing of marketplace mounts. Apparently there is someone that thinks it should be fixed or there wouldn't have been an attempt to split up the buff.

I don't think it was hard to hand in items to npcs unstacked (I often do still, out of habit). I don't think anyone would argue that the change to allow stacked items to be turned in was a bad one though.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can't just just get it changed that we can have both buffs but only the best buff takes effect? If not double the amount of blocked buffs we can have.

I'm tired of others casting buffs on me and losing my mount, familiar or other buffs, especially if the buff cast on me is only short term, black wolf, etc
  14. The Drood Elder

This spell was never meant to stack with mounts its meant for you to Use one or the other.
    Leave this buff the hell alone there is no need to change it modify it or touch it for any reason