Guild names accounted not characterised ? why is this ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kendiian, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Kendiian Monk

Can anybody answer the question why guild names are accounted not characterised and why is this ...

Another question well im my guess too the answer is the devs dont want too have a raid pickup system like the lfg tool my guess is definately wrong though.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'm guessing you mean why can you only create one guild per account? That was done specifically to prevent people making 8+ guilds simply for the storage space.

No one even uses the LFG system, why would they waste time adding a LFR system?
  3. Vlorg Augur

LFR only worked in that other MMO because raids were dumbed down something fierce... damage output cut in half and you could almost ignore AoEs...

I doubt the dev have time to create 2-3 or more difficulty scaling for the same raid ( reitemize those settings)..
  4. Laronk Augur

no the reason lfr works over there is raids are made around 24? people and they have cross server instancing. Many Cotf raids could be done with LFR and if TDS had two tiers of raids the tier ones would of been able to be done with lfr the real problem would be getting enough people to do them since we don't have cross server instancing.

The first step to LFR is cross server instancing for LFG. Personally I don't like the cross server instancing stuff though because it really does take away from the community of the game. In the other game before cross server instancing it was easier to meet people because people had to meet eachother to do dungeons but now you can stand in town and press a button from level 10 to max level and not meet people.

At least in EQ you have to go out of pok and go to the instances and if you don't box you still will meet people.
  5. Celestian Elder

Really? I use it every night to find people. I do play on TLP so I guess that might make a difference. I guess if you just box then you don't need a group and it might seem like it's not used?

I would like to see it tweaked/fixed. I noticed someone in zone "LFG" but when I did a who all LFG they didn't show (and others did). Wondering if it has something to do with "instancing".

*shrug*
  6. Koryu Professional Roadkill

The last time I remember the LFG tool being a popular and useful resource was during LDoN. Those LDoN adventures required varied groups (tracker to find the boss or hostage, puller to split rooms, bard/rogue for traps, casters for cursed chests, etc) and there were significantly more people playing at the time to fill out those group needs. Those players were all different levels and the adventures were in completely different locations, so the LFG tool was a necessary introduction that eventually fell out of popularity as boxing became more available (improvement in easily available computer specs and EQ's low requirements), the introduction of mercenaries, and the shrinking player base (making it easier to know the available people on your server, who is worth grouping with). A robust server population could see LFG tool revival, as the TLP indicates.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Goes back long before guild halls. When one had to contact a GM to have a guild created, there were no automated tools. At the time, you could only create one guild per account EVER. It's just how it was set up since day 1, and they've never changed it and probably never will.
  8. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I do wish they'd change it to per server or still existing per server. With the decreasing population, more and more people are server transferring. Having 1 guild ever is rather a pain, if you take a bunch of alts with you. Myself, I take a guild hall with me. I'm willing to roll up storage bots on another server, but I'm addicted to the housing, and my guild hall is my crowning achievement. Trying to find someone that's awesome enough to create their ONE guild for me on a server is /wrist.