Guild hall question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Lingum, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Lingum Elder

Do the guild halls still fold up and mail out all the stuff that have been placed in them if at least one person in the guild doesn't log in periodically? If so, what is the time frame for doing so?

There is nobody left playing in my guild and I have been logging in every three weeks since COF to prevent this from happening again. I got a lot of time/effort/DBC into my guildhall and don't want to see it wiped again.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So who owns the guild hall?
    Some changes were made but I don't think any were that favorable. Plus all the conflicting stories.

It used to be required to have one member log in, during any 30 day period for guilds, and housing plots every 90 days. Then they added that you had to have 10 members in the guild or guild would be evicted. Lots of confusion as people thought that lifted the log in once every so often but it did not as people's guilds who were paid up but had not logged in for 30 days got evicted. So its kinda both - you have to log in every 30 days and maintain 10 members in the guild. They can all be alts if you want. And never log in which is why old guilds are not getting evicted.

From Sept 2014 "Changed housing plot eviction so that plot owners will only be evicted 90 days after escrow expires. Any player is able to contribute to escrow to avoid this. Guild plots will still evict earlier if the required membership requirements are not met.
  3. Lingum Elder

I agree on the confusion with the rules and whatnot. I have not found anything clear cut in writing about it.

I purchased the guild neighborhood as well as the high end guild hall, though I am not the GL, just an officer. My RL best friend is the GL so I have access to the GL account. It is a ca 1999 guild that we retained as a private tag after we merged the guild with another. There's probably 40 level 70ish chars in the guild, all of which are our alts across several accounts. Once we gave up the raiding life and boxing, we pretty much just played together on my weekends until the content got too hard for just the two of us. Once we didn't log in for a year and had the hall fold up as I mentioned. It took a lot of effort to put it all back together, which is what I have been trying to avoid.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So it sounds like you have the 10 needed. Just need someone to check in each month. I don't see any way around it. Also see if your friend will make you co leader so if he also quits or something happens then at least you can do something with it all since you bought it.
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

Am I reading this correctly that the guild leader doesn't have to be the one to buy a guild neighborhood and doesn't have to be the one to place the hall either? I am considering buying both with an account where I have spare DB cash but am not my guild's leader, can I use an alt account to setup the neighborhood and guild hall?
  6. Thunderkiks Augur

That's correct.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The description on the writ says: "Consuming this item will bind a neighborhood to your guild. Only people in your guild will be able to own plots within this neighborhood. NOTE - The neighborhood belongs to the GUILD and not to the person that uses this item. You may have more than one neighborhood per guild"

But it doesn't say much on the guild halls. Just have to be gold accounts to do this since free or silver cannot place stuff in guild halls. Just make your self co owner of the hall. And have guild leader make you co leader so 5 years down the road your not here asking how to get control of everything since guild leader quit lol.
  8. Subati New Member

I just came back after 9 years, my guild was active and had a guild hall, we didnt even have guild halls when I left. Nobody had logged in for 4 years. Guild still existed.
  9. KermittheFroglok Augur

Hi all, great news! I just want to circle back and correct one thing here. Silver accounts can have full guild hall access/privileges, it's only the regular "free" accounts that don't have access to create/place/decorate/etc. guild halls.

Thanks!
    Shanarias likes this.
  10. Shanarias Augur

This is my experience as well.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes I misspoke in that post as I have silver accounts with anchors in the guild hall. Sometimes there is a disconnect between free silver and regular free when I type :(