Fixed Guild hall now has black bits!

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Yinla, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Apart from the floor blinding me with light. The pars of the guild hall has turned black
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Ashigaru, Kelea, Shea and 1 other person like this.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I totally think Everquest needs something like a server they can test things on before they push them to live amirite?
    Svann2 and Fenthen like this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Oh good...it's not just me.
    Moege likes this.
  4. Estalia Journeyman

I don't know what exactly the issue is, but i downloaded a new copy of the game and then copied over the new eqclient.ini to my old install, and it fixed it. Unfortunately, there are lots of settings lost in doing that.
  5. Shea Lorekeeper

I have 2 identical machines that are maybe mid range currently, 1 is doing the above. The other is not. Both are having video... tearing? Jitter? ripping? issues now when playing in full screen.

No issues whatsoever prior to patch. Both win10 and fully patched updated. No other software running aside from EQ.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is also happening with NPCs in LS.

Can we at least get this confirmed?
  7. FrankTheNotTank Journeyman

from a previous post i made, this is soemthing 3with the texturequality setting in your eqclient file. It may not be on/enabled/etc in your file.

Anyway. This is a bandaid solution until whatever the root problem is.. is fixed.

1) Make a backup copy of your eqclient file

2) open it up, under [Defaults] you want to find this entry: "TextureQuality=#"

3) Change that number to 1. If you don't have that entry, add it directly below [Defaults] and leave yourself a sticky note to take it out after the patch (hopefully) fixes things.

From my post in player support:

TextureQuality=1
    - Mine was set to 3 and was inducing black trim/bars in the Palatial guild hall, blacked out npcs, models and some armor graphics. Changing this to "3" or "2" caused the behaviour. Set this to "1" to remedy the problem.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yes, that fixes issues with black patches on armor, but it most definitely DOES NOT fix the black patches in places like the guildhall and certain other zones on certain objects for a lot of people. I have it set to 1/High and there are still things in the GH that are just black...things like statues. It's almost as if they need one more setting above (below, whatever) that to finish fixing the rest of the splotches.

Or they just need to update the geometry/graphics of older objects.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

or roll back the DX11 problems that we saw in beta but were pushed to Live anyhow!
  10. Windance Augur

They aren't going to roll back the DX11 push.

If anything they need to press forward and get the performance issues resolved. It sounds like they have some of that pushed to test. I'm hoping they do an out of cycle update and get it on live.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

This ones always been an issue for me from the beginning, not related to DX. I remember there was a missing texture report on specific placeable items way back, and some of them were fixed, but no idea if this was one reported or not caught.

[IMG]
    Cairbrae and Qaotic like this.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

But prior to the DX11 update, that statue (and other things) weren't all black and looked perfectly fine for me.