Guild Creation

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Amulek, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Amulek New Member

It’s been a long time since I’ve played EQ, but I’ve recently come back and started playing again - albeit very casually. Anyway, it seems like there are significant advantages to having access to a Guild Hall (e.g., ports). I’ve been able to determine that you need to have the RoF expansion and at least a Silver membership to be able to place a Guild Hall, but how many people do you actually need to create a guild?

I thought it used to be something like eight or sixteen, but it’s been so long I honestly can’t remember. A quick search didn’t yield any results, so I'm hoping that maybe someone here can help.
  2. Yther Augur

It's just you now. It used to be 10 accounts or more (it varied over the years it seems, or they just said different amount). Alt+G will bring up the window asking if you want to create one or not, if you're not guilded. If you don't want to create one, you can talk the NPC in the Guild Lobby to join a newbie guild. Non-player general Guild Hall is available to all guilded members from the Guild Lobby door (the right one, but both work, if no place-able Guild Hall has been done in the Neighborhoods and/or you're not flagged for them.

Also, I thought it was gold, but, definitely need RoF. See http://www.everquest.com/free/ and the linked FAQ to be sure.

Anyway, just Alt+G to make one, no one else needed or talk to the NPC in the Guild Lobby to join the newbie guild to get access to the generic Guild Hall and portal system.

Yther Ore.