Guard hambert the Defence of Lendiniara

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sinzz, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Sinzz Augur

anyone able to advise on this mission, we have tried it several ways but the adds have been a pain and last boss kills me in 2 hits have attempted this several ways what is the trick?
  2. Tarrin Augur

Something I learned the other day is that the Commander does not summon. I was able to duo him with a necro after the group wiped.

I got lucky on a few preincarnation procs getting his system down, but it became easy after that. The necro would dot and FD shifting aggro to me.

The only thing to remember is that he will stop and cast his DoT. The DoT has a snare component and must be cured or he will catch up with you. He is unsnareable.

I have also used a merc tank for the initial waves, then shifted to letting the dragon tank commander. Had 2 shams, me (druid), 2 wiz, and a merc tank. We were able to keep the dragon up in time for the wiz's to burn him down.

The mission grew on me after finding alternative ways to beat it.
  3. Ravengloome Augur

Tank it and heal through it, he only hits for 30k before defensive.

Grab a cleric/druid/shaman...
    Pop deflection on inc
    Cast 2.0 + Scarlet Blade + VOD + Circle of Power + your ROF Chestplate + 1st spire + Mantle <basing this on your Avatar guessing your an SK
    Have your dps go full burn
    Done and you probably never drop below 80% Hell we've managed to kill him before deflection even dropped, so thats always an option too.
  4. Melo New Member

How I do is , wipe out the 1st 2 guards that come down the right side ramp no problem . Then the guy with the adds comes down the left side ramp with 2 guards , and 2 guards come down the right side as well.

I ignore the adds that walk down the right side and let them get to the dragon. I mez the 2 guards that come down the left side with the namer and wipe the namer out FAST ( i read he keeps popping adds )

I keep the 2 adds from the left mezzed , while i attack Galenth that comes down the right side. I tank Gallenth with standard warrior abilities ( no raid gear ) and 2 healer mercs . I dps Gallenth down with my enc and mage. After Gallenth is dead I punt the 2 mezzed guards off the ledge and loot the chest.
  5. Silv Augur

I've 3 boxed this with Ench/Dru/Mage (although it's a pain, much easier with real people).

You tank the first few bosses normally (tank merc or real PC). On the first wave where you get adds, I mez one side (right side) before they reach the bottom of the ramp. I wait for the other named and guards to get to the dragon. I then AE mez the guards at the dragon and kill the boss; dragon can tank or a PC. This is a good time to burn to ensure you don't get more adds. If you do, more mezzing. For Gallenth, mez any other adds after he reaches (and aggros) the dragon. If you don't have a real tank, using the dragon is really the only way to beat him unless you are going crazy on heals and maybe pet tanking. You can tank Gal with a PC tank but if you're using a tank merc or anything, that is suicide unless you kite. Once he's dead, deal with the adds if you've been mezzing them.

There are many ways to win this mission; it's very friendly to alternative tactics and CC methods.
  6. Tobynn Augur

My usual routine ("test"; 1 at a time):

Buff dragon with haste.
    Ignore Vraymon, let the dragon eat him.
    Ignore Teclisin, let the dragon eat him.
    Hug East side, tag Roth before he leaves the ramp, he comes with his two pals. Unload full burn on all 3.
    Ignore the two guards coming down the West ramp, let the dragon eat 'em.
    Tag Galenth before he leaves the ramp. Full defensives. Don't crowd him, avoid AE ramp.

Boxing war, bst, dru with 2 wiz merc and1 cleric merc, provided I don't lose either wiz, I can get him dead before Last Stand fades. Most of the time its crazy hectic, but I beat it. However, if I lose a wiz or both and end up having to slow kill Galenth, then it turns real ugly real quick when LS drops. Total crapshoot at that point!

Super fun fight to 3box.
  7. Axxius Augur

1. Place the group on a side near where the portal to DH is in the regular zone. Buff the dragon. Start the event. Don't get into the mobs' way.
    2. Let the dragon tank all mobs. Heal the dragon.
    3. DPS and kill Rolth. If you have ENC or BRD - mez the guards.
    4. Kill the rest of the mobs in any order.
    5. Step aside again and let the dragon tank Galenth. Heal the dragon.
    6. Kill Galenth.
  8. Sinzz Augur

ill have to try this again however usually a second wave of adds come and that's pretty much end of story I cannot tank him and the adds with latent armor I guess
  9. Gnub Journeyman

I pet tank up top near the guard spawn points. First two mobs are cake of course. The dude with 4 guards splits off with only two guards all on his own. Burn him down before he summons 4 more, then pull the commander. At that point you should only have commander and the two previous guards. Could probably burn one of those down before pulling commander, but I never chanced letting him get far enough down the ramp to agro the dragon. Seemed fairly easy up top there.