Grouping is horrid...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Blacksunempire, Apr 19, 2014.

1. sojuu Augur

From what iv seen those that cant find groups are those that dont actually try, and guilds help alot. The ols guild I was in I asked if anyone wanted to join and oh what happened people joined. Some may say oh thats because u were in the guils forever. New server because I needed later raid times and once again I ask in guild and wow people join again? I see people that ask though and keep asking and if one of them would use the invite button several full groups can be made. I even still check the lfg tool even though less and less people use it now days. You can even check general chat to get more people. I dont believe grouping is dead I think getting groups handed to you because tons of proactive people forming groups is dead.
    Elricvonclief and IDotPeople like this.
  2. IDotPeople Augur

I think you have it right, not enough people are being proactive about their group making. Is one of those odd cases of too many tribal followers and not enough chiefs.
  3. sojuu Augur

Pretty much and boxers get the blame because it cant be the persons fault that is complaining they are looking for group after all.
  4. Kacman Augur

I have played every style of gameplay EQ has over the years.

I started in a family guild as a pure grouper. I never had any issues getting a group. As soon as I would "/gu Hi, guildies", I would have 5-10 tells offering me a group spot.

Once EQ2 was released, with the combination of the GoD fiasco, EQ saw a mass exodus of players. One of my 2 boxing guild friends, was leaving for EQ2, so he gave me his 2 accounts for free. I began 2-3 boxing with my main and his 2 free accounts, because boxing or joining a raid guild were the only options for advancing at the time period.

I really despised boxing (having to do every solo task and gearing of 3x toons gets boring). This is about the time that I decided to learn how to charm kite, so I could solo my way to max AAs.

Next came the raiding guild and end game raiding because I wanted more of a challenge and grouping was becoming a really rare thing, outside of the guild cliques (I still never had a problem getting a group when I chose too, it was just easier/faster to go molo content because the additional levels/AAs made previous content easy to molo and current content was designed around a partial group with mercs.)

Now I am back in a family guild (because I refuse to purchase CotF and therefor could not stay in the end game raid guild). But with the /ach additions of Slayer and Hero's Journey, I have a large supply of moloable content that I need to complete.

I actually am enjoying the game better now that anytime. I log in, port to whereever I want to progress mu achievements and molo. (I really do not even need the healer merc for the SoD and previous content but the healer merc makes it faster and easier to complete. You can call me anti-social all you want but just because I will not group with people that are not in my guild or friends list does not make it true. It just means I am currently not open to meeting new/returning players and being asked 100+ questions.

If you want a group, make friends. And learn to play the game by reading the fan sites(i.e. Zam.com, Eqresource.com, Rasper.samanna.net. etc..) instead of plagueing your group with questions that are easily answered with a little effort on your own part.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  5. Langya Augur

WHHHHYYYYY????!!!

BLASPHEMER!

Seriously. Why would you hate bards? They are like bacon. If they are not good enough on their own then at least they make everything better.
    Annjulie and Mary Poppins like this.
  6. Annjulie New Member

I a
    I'm returning after 10 years,
    And I remade my old bard o_O
    Do you know something i don't ?
  7. Mykaylla Augur

I didn't know you were the very model of a modern Major-General!
    Tarrin, Elricvonclief and Crystilla like this.
  8. Mykaylla Augur

Bards go with every group- you make pulls cleaner, make travelling faster, make tanks tougher, make melee stabbier, slashier and punchier, make healers healier, casters nukier, and necros dottier (they're never dotty enough). You make mobs weaker, keep everyone's mana and endurance topped up, you're a great curer, and you can crowd control to boot.
    You are one class that goes well in every single group, be it grouping or raiding. If groups were expanded to fit 8 people tomorrow, raiding guilds would be trying to recruit a bard for every single group, not even joking.
    Marton and Elricvonclief like this.
  9. IDotPeople Augur

Really want to know? Will tell you...

1. They make everyone weaker overall, whatever bard songs are doing for you while they are there, your growth was stunted to make sure you weren't too strong with them there. This is especially true for any melees. Like that damage boost you got last expansion? Would have been higher if bards didn't exist.
    2. Enjoy blinking icons? I don't.
    3. Bard pulling, especially how long it takes them to reload after their inevitable death.
    4. Bard charming of mobs whenever they please.
    5. Their spooniness.
    onyuyan likes this.
  10. Langya Augur

Funny. I can't take this seriously. Sorry.

Granted, some people hate bacon too and only eat kale for all three meals. Healthy but bland. Just in case you were serious, a good bard pulling doesn't die. Charming...yah that doesn't happen much anymore. The blinking icon box? You can minimize that. Spoony? I thought all the people that used that term died off.....

As for them being a crutch for melee....guilty as charged. However, SoE still wants to foster a sense of community were a group is more than the sum of its parts.
  11. Qabal New Member

Feel free to hate me because I multi-box, but consider the contribution of my 5 paid accounts compared to the people with only one. We're helping to "keep the lights on."

Why does my very existence create such a problem for the LFG people? I avoid people at all costs. I mostly keep quiet. I stay to myself. What do I do that causes you such a problem? If I couldn't box I would just solo. I wouldn't group with you either way. This is the way I enjoy the game. Why must you insist on trying to change the way I play just because you cannot find a good guild and friends to group with?

I used to group on a daily basis when I was in a guild (Tod und Teufel -- /wave), but all of my euro brethren moved to a different server so now I'm alone. I'm ok with that. It's peaceful.

EQ can never go back to what it was. Find a way to enjoy what it is now. Join an active guild and make friends. Good luck.
    Marton and Elricvonclief like this.
  12. sojuu Augur

I see nothing wrong with this. And even if say u only solod still nothing wrong with it. As you boxing or soloing you still help keep the game alive through providing revenue to soe, even more so if u have 5 accounts. The people that claim you are killing eq because of your unwillingness to group have tunnle vision and do not look at the bigger picture. Truth is eq is dieing because it struggles to bring in new players not because people box. So with everyone that quits there is rarelt someone new that comes in to replace them. The barriers for entry are too high. And no barriers for entry are not only levels and aa or currency, barriers can include appeal to this game as opposed to other games too.
    With that being said despite what the people crying that boxers are killing eq, boxing is what keeps this game alive for longer as it hides a deminishing player base. As if there were no boxers the paid accounts that support this game would be cut in 1/2. That is only an estimate so dont qupte me on ot. Reason I claim 1/2 is because while not everyone boxes, alot have at least 1 extra account and alot have more than 1 which can make up for the non boxers. So say the ability to box was taken away, even more would quit. And with that more guilds would loose people be unable to raid and less people mean less groups so more quite. So now soe is left with 1/3 of the paid accounts it has now.
    If you think soe is working on a skeleton crew already to suport this game imagine it with 1/3 the revenue. More server merges for a diminishing player base less support than we already have with the ability to give less content. So after all my rambling from my tablet to post this I leave you nay sayers (not directed at the person i quoted) with a question. Do you still believe boxers are rhe issue in this game and are killing the group game?
  13. Utdaan Augur

As a musician, I just can't stand all the bards that need Auto-tune just to perform. ;)
  14. Tarrin Augur

Every time I have seen this thread pop up, I automatically had that song stuck in my head to the point where I just couldn't take it anymore.
  15. Leerah Augur

This.
    I'm just a slooooow girl. If I invite you, I'd have to rush my pulls.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

They only die off after they find out that their daughter hooked up with a bard.
    These are my main ones. Especially your #7; I wonder if some people even can spell their own name lol.
  17. Geroblue Augur

Spooniness ? I don't understand the term. Please explain. Thanks !
  18. Lazy automation Elder

FF4.
  19. lumin Elder

It sounds to me like you need to join a better guild, some guilds don't care how things get done, and others really do still group and mercs are used only to fill out the group if needed. I do box a mage, but only because I play some odd hours and have a warrior main that's impossible to solo with (anything worthwhile anyway)
  20. Geroblue Augur

Firefox 4 ?