Group Wizard burn

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Bardy, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Bardy Elder

Just wondering what the best burn setup would be for a group 100 Wizard against a named, lasting under 2mins, without any adps from other classes? I see a lot of burn posts, but most have support classes factored in. Just trying to setup a burn hotkey, to activate the best AA/abilities, to burn down a named fast if needed. Thanks!!
  2. Hahlfwit Augur

The only change based on adps support vs. no adps support would be your familiar. Since you will already have the correct familiar up, your burn will remain the same as it would be with or without adps.
    The only other possible change I might make would be to hit claw and hope for a bonus twincast proc.

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/eqwizards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=72
  3. Bardy Elder

So I would activate the following to start the fight(2min or less):
    Silent Casting
    Focus of Arcanum
    Fury of Kerafyrm
    Second Spire (250% crit damage)
    Spell Twincast
    Improved Twincast (16 spells) after spell wears off
    Prolonged Destruction

Does that look about right for max dps burn? Am I missing anything?
  4. Githy Elder

5. Hahlfwit Augur

Aye, what I meant was hit claw prior to hitting spell twincast for a shot at a freebie.
  6. Naugrin Augur

Dont mess with claw unless you want to hit it on the last charge of itc......can also add fury of ro for a little more fire boost.
  7. Damascus Elder

I never have all my abilities up, something is always down. If we pull 2-3 mobs then I'll pop my "DPS BURN" hotkey which is the 5 below:

-Silent Cast
    -Focus Arcanum
    -2nd spire
    -Prolonged Dest
    -Improved Twincast

By the time PD and ImpTC is used up the mobs are dead. With max haste on PD and SC I like to use them as often as I can. So more often then not they are down, so when a named comes along my burn pop is often epic 2.0, 2nd spire, PD, spell twincast, works well with Auspice by your ranger friends. I have a 2nd hotkey setup for this called " BURN", which is ie. a weaker version of the primary "holy cow" burn. And a tertiary burn is 7th vet (intensity of resolute) + spell twincast + epic 2.0. Sloppy but does the job. Gets ya summoned for some nice kisses too.

But anyway, you've got it right for burns above.
    Remember this:
    -7th vet does not stack with Auspice. (Healing slot conflict).
    -Be ready to get summoned, have Armor of Experience rdy or Concussive Intuition, or Mind Crash etc. Alot of burns don't anticipate the tank is nervous and scared and not doing a proper job of building aggro (he's actually looking at his burn dps discs too, selfish basterd).

Pulling a named is like asking a hot girl if she wants a drink at a bar. Your not thinking of what kinda drink she'd like, You're thinking about your "BURN DPS" disc, so alot of execution gets fumbled up, right?

Right? Just me?
  8. Explicit Augur

Manually Click:
    -Silent Casting
    -Fury of Ro

Hotkey:
    -Empowered Focus of Arcanum
    -Second Spire
    -PD
    -Fury of Kerafyrm
    -ITC

Arcane Destruction can be used while PD is down for a smaller, secondary, burn.

I usually start main burn off with Weave, Forceful Rejuv, Weave then continue on with regular burn spell rotation until ITC wears off then will switch to spell TC rot.