Fixed Group window mishandles slots with offline or out of zone players

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Mukkul, May 27, 2022.

1. Mukkul Augur

After a player member leaves your party, trying to select another player in your party that is offline or out of zone does not work properly.

Say your party has players A B C D E F.

Players C and D are offline.
    Player B leaves the group.
    Trying to select Player D in the group window ends up selecting Player C in your target window instead. Because Player D (party member #4) is in slot #3 in the group window where Player C used to be.
    And trying to select Player C results in no target. Because Player C (party member #3) is now in slot #2 in the group window, but party slot #2 is empty because Player B vacated that slot when they left the party.

Now another player joins the group. That player fills in the empty slot in the party (slot #2) vacated by Player B, pushing the remaining players back into their original positions in the group window. Now selecting offline or out of zone players works again. Because the two indexes between the party slots and the group window slots match up again.

It's a mess when you just want to disband an offline or afk group member. Sometimes you end up having to disband the entire party and re-form it, because you can't select the right player in the group window.

I wonder whether this is a contributing factor in those cases where zoning sometimes causes you to be disbanded from your party, separating you from your merc who is still in the party?
    RPoo, Yinla, Joules_Bianchi and 5 others like this.
  2. Spacemonkey555 Augur

You can use the group targeting hotkeys to get the correct target for disband, but would be nice if this got fixed.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

May be a good time to think about UI improvements to dead players.

For starters, the complete inability to do ANYthing while in hover, the worst being mercenary control. And sometimes even chat commands or incoming messages do not work. At least let me see the mob/group HP and loot window to see if we're going to win.

Also the behavior when, if a groupmate with an in-zone corpse zones in, I lose the ability to use the group window to target their corpse, or the map to find it.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

I agree. There's zero reason to hide the UI when you're hovering. If people try to click on things, just have it give a message like "You can't do that...you're dead, stupid." The fact that you died is the punishment. You shouldn't be further punished by losing your UI while hovering.
    Dre. and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Or running out a death timer, then getting a rez and... a new timer /sigh.
    Dre. likes this.
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

This also sometimes misassigns a dead / logged group member's MERCENARY to another player in group. Everyone still in game disbands, last player has 2 mercs for a split second then their own merc gets suspended. Have had this happen many times.

"in order to suspend this mercenary, you must first disband your group." is only fixed by camping out and relogging.
    Dre. likes this.
  7. Mukkul Augur

I think the hotkeys might not entirely work either.

I know mercs get separated from their owners in your group under these conditions.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  8. Mukkul Augur

There's another bug that seems related.

When you have one or more offline players in your group and you add a player with a merc, it will automatically try to disband all offline players. Whether or not the group has two slots open. And sometimes that process of disbanding offline players leaves an offline player's merc in the group.
  9. Dre. Altoholic

While we're at it, a group leader should be able to right-click another player's merc and toggle passive, or suspend it.
    Wulfhere and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  10. Meeko Developer(Code)

This issue has been corrected and the fix should go live with the update later this month.
    Yinla, Metanis, Nniki and 3 others like this.