Group Weapons in LS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Tutankamen Augur

Why are group weapons in LS ridiculously overpowered- already obviating the last xpacs raid weapons?
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Welcome to October! Wish people weren't living under a rock...
    Whulfgar, code-zero, Roxas MM and 2 others like this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Step 1: Players complain melee DPS is stagnating and ask for better weapons
    Step 2: Devs revamp melee weapons to increase DPS
    Step 3: Players complain new weapons OP their old raid weapons
    Step 4: Profit
    Whulfgar, Nennius, fransisco and 6 others like this.
  4. Alnitak Augur

Step 5: Players with hordes of mages and necros start leveling melee Personas.
    Step 6: More profit!
    Step 7: Celebration!
  5. Micker99 Augur

Yeah, I beat this to death already. I think it was ridiculous, that they haven't upgraded last expansions weapons also. The rusty spears dropping in LS, smoke the T2 raid weapons lol.
    Andarriel and Tutankamen like this.
  6. Tutankamen Augur

I get that a lot of people play Beta- I'm not one of them. Didn't people voice this concern to the devs when they were raiding with them on Beta?
  7. Cicelee Augur

They will retro upgrade prior expansions next Spring. Right now they have to sell expansions. You want that awesome new weapon? You have to level to 121-125, which means you have to buy the expansion. Or wait until Spring, but who has the patience to wait five months for a shiny new toy when you can get it right now for 40 dollars?
  8. Slasher Augur

Concern of what ? Them attempting to actually fix melee dps after 4 year of casterquest ?
  9. WeCameWeConquered Elder

Why is group weapons being greater than a prior expansion's raid weapons such a bad thing?
    Dre. and fransisco like this.
  10. Brickhaus Augur

There's a whole thread in Beta forums about this (most of it Micker99 responses ... 11 pages plus of responses).

I know people who are "upset" and "angry" are going to say exactly what was already said in the thread. So if you are one of those people, please read the Beta thread and come up with different wording to say the same thing so the rest of us can at least be entertained.

Only you can stop rehashing. Only you.

P.S. There are arguments for more gradual increases. Large step increases in various things have happened over the life of EQ. Some have been changed to more gradual, some have not. EQ has still survived. It will here regardless of what the future brings for melee weapon ratios.

Melee still need help after this too btw. But after seeing wizards get what they got this expansion, I'm cautiously optimistic that with focus, melee can be made better.
    fransisco likes this.
  11. DeadRagarr Augur

Fixed
  12. FranktheBank Augur

Not quite. Monks are one of the worst performing classes and one of the least effected by the ratio buff... Tanks though, ofc they needed more dps lol
  13. Riou EQResource

Why would you want to downgrade to a melee
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

This way you get to upgrade twice. In December and early 2024 you upgrade to LI group, then during the rest of the year you upgrade again to LI raid weapons. Win Win!
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

Oh hooray, I love swapping augmentations around!
  16. ezoz New Member

Wait did wizzzzards get a good dps increase? i wld like to dust off ol fizban
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

Wizards are the new meta right now!
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Goto eqresource and take a look at the raid weapons. Pally greatsword has 1785 base damage. Everything got a big boost dont see how thats a bad thing.
    fransisco likes this.
  19. ezoz New Member

Soooo im thinking, pallly, bard, Wizzard x4 ??
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

mage, bard, wizard x4 !
    ezoz likes this.