Group Etiquette

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Friendly Cleric, May 31, 2017.

1. Friendly Cleric New Member

Seeing a lot of bad habits on the new Agnarr server. Hopefully this will help curb some of the bad behavior..

1. Puller - please check your healer's mana (blue bar under their name in the grouping window) to make sure they have enough mana for the next pull.
    2. Puller - please remember that this is a new server and you and your group mates do not have awesome gear yet so don't pull 20 mobs back to camp - also your healers do not have infinite mana to heal.
    3. Loot - decide when you join how loot is going to be done before the first pull. Is need for only items you can immediately use ? Do you need items that everyone can turn in for a quests for xp / faction? Do you greed them? etc. Also make sure to turn on auto split don't be that person who says oops I didn't notice after people complain.
    4. Healer / Buffer - always keep your main tank / puller buffed, buff the rest of your group as you can. Don't join and the buff everyone at once since that will use all your mana, spread it out and that way wont have to med as long. The game will tell you when your buff has dropped.
    5. Boxing - don't care if you do or don't do it, but do not box in a group, unless the group is fine with it. Don't pretend you are two different people, you may get away with it for a short time but people are smart and will pick it up.
    6. Squishy DPS - Don't nuke the mob the second the puller gets back to camp, wait sec then start nuking, also don't start with your biggest nuke right off. If you do get agro and the mob starts beating on you, root it then step back, don't run around like a chicken, makes the melee people do less damage as they are trying to attack the mob but you've moved and it is to far away so it takes longer to get the mob off you.
    7. Multiple Healers in a group - awesome - determine main / backup healer and if the main healer has healing agro, heal them to peel off a mob or two.
    8. Healer - Hey you are the healer, sit your down and med don't stand around waiting for the puller to bring a mob back. Feel free to smack the mob around when it is in camp if you have enough mana to do your job. Key point there, make sure you have enough mana to heal if you are the healer.
    9. Realize mistakes happen. If the group wipes, it isn't the end of the world. You no longer have to get your corpse, you have just lost some xp. You can easily get the xp back either by rez or just more killing. Not the end of the world.
    10. Realize that there are bad players / groups - if you find yourself with / in one, if you can try and talk with the bad player and they wont listen, politely leave the group, say gotta go this is one of the rare times its okay to drop and go immediately.
    11. Leaving the group - you can't stay logged in forever so you will need to go at some point. Don't just say, gotta go bye and then quit. If you can give the group notice, hey I've gotta go soon, in about 10 min... that way the leader can try and find a replacement, if you are a buffer - rebuff your group when leaving (at least the main tank / puller). Also if you are a buffer and someone is leaving, refresh their buffs before they go.
    12. Training - It isn't EQ without a train or two, but if you need to train the zone, make sure to /shout it and give warning
    13. Kill stealing - very frowned upon to attack another group / persons mob they are fighting unless they ask for help, but if they are fighting a rare spawn and you try and KS if you succeed, congrats you got the item, but also know you collected a ton of bad reputation. People do make lists and remember grudges. Don't worry the mob will spawn again at some point, believe it or not.
    14. Have fun, this is a social game, use your friends list. If someone does a great job at pulling / healing / crowd control / etc send them a tell and let them know.

Just some suggestions / ideas and thoughts. Hopefully others will comment with more ideas. Have fun and see you in Norrath.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

This is weird because it almost seems like P99 people want us to adapt to their playstyle, when it is clearly the other way around. I'm sure in a month or 2 you'll either adapt or leave though, all good.
    Funktions, Punchu, MaxTheLion and 2 others like this.
  3. Karpoio New Member

No to this, some of my most fun everquest moments have been the total opposite of what you have posted. Let people play how they want to play.
  4. Ravenprince New Member

Pretty common sense stuff there. Except I partially disagree with you on #1. Puller is super busy, and adding that his duties can lead to mistakes. Healer is not nearly as busy as puller and should carry the majority of the responsibility of telling puller to hold on pulls.
  5. Deriphis New Member

My main thing is; if you don't know how to use the Advanced Loot System, either listen to those trying to help you learn or pass control to someone who does know how to use it.
  6. daffie999 Augur

What are these replies? "No?"... Most of what the OP said is "don't be rude". I don't care what the game is... act with some sense of respect. I realize there are just as many trolls on forums as their are in game, but it still baffles me every time.

As for the OP... The only reason I'll mention this is because you put them #1 and #2. I've pulled for my groups in classic, live, TLPs, and p99 and very often get "omg this xp is awesome"... sometimes though you get "STOP PULLING! I need to med". No... you don't need an extended med break. What the puller should be doing is breaking up spawns so that everything is a single pull on repop. Sometimes you do need to manage mana and med a little bit longer, but I've found extended med breaks the bane of many groups.
    Funk likes this.
  7. Biltene Kingslayer

You're joking, right?

You expect a forum post to correct bad behavior? Only a small percentage of people that play even bother with the forums, so this is mostly an effort wasted anyway, but just as a thought exercise, how many people realistically that are doing these behaviors do you think read this and go, "Hmm, OP is right, I should be more considerate!"

The content is fine, it's basically EQ 101, which most folks should already know, and tbh, probably do, they just choose to be terrible in spite of it.

I applaud the desire to make the community a better place, but to expect a long winded forum post telling people what they're doing wrong to be effective in any way is absolutely ludicrous.
    Malachi likes this.
  8. Tinytinker Augur

It feels that way! I found myself in a horrible group on Agnarr where the other players in the group wanted to go lawyer quest over mobs and use some P99 rules. They also started preaching at everyone, telling them what they thought their class should be allowed to roll on. My wife got lectured on what what gear she should wear as a cleric. We were happy when the group ended.
  9. Funk Augur

100% spot on as far as puller breaking up spawns for singles. A good puller will take any camp and work out a pull rotation that the group can handle. After the initial break it's all singles and can be adjusted as needed.
  10. Friendly Cleric New Member

No, not joking, no I do not expect it will correct all bad behavior but if it helps one person, great. I realize most are still low / mid level and are still learning their class, but a lot of these in the list are happening in almost every group. Maybe I've just had bad luck with groups, but..... I just want to put it out there maybe to help someone realize there maybe another way to do something.....

Sorry it wasn't 140 characters or less....
  11. Finchy Augur

by the time you hit the mid teens to 20 you should have been able to make 100+ plat which will allow you to buy a full set of noob gear for ac and such maybe 1 or 2 stat pieces. mana is quick to gain at low lvls and even easier when in mid 20s and you get a chanter with C. At no point should any of the aforementioned issues occur until WAYYY later in the game, at which point stat gear should be taking up multiple slots allowing for your mana pool to properly be managed.
  12. Carns Lorekeeper

I would say the larger majority of the problem are the lost colony of backward savages that have been playing the same game for 18 years need to be more accepting to the advanced ways of those evolved beings that have rediscovered your primitive "society". We know it is a lot all at once; we are are trying to keep it slow for you. But this thread makes us believe you would prefer to wallow in your ignorance.

But just to be completely clear, none of you 105 jerkstains really give a damn anyway. You are nothing but parasitic leeches on a Krono hunt, or else you wouldn't be here. So none of us give even the remotest damn about your six box basement dweller's opinion, and you can kindly shut the hell up.
  13. Old Man Elder

OP: That's a good reminder and valuable goals to aim for. It's how most of us strive to play. Note that constant peak efficiency can drain pleasure and flirt with stress, potentially turning a happy killfest into a dull grind. Not every group needs to be a well oiled machine. Sometimes a blunderbussy old station wagon of a group can be fun, too, as long as there's not multiple wipes. Good list!
    MMOer likes this.
  14. Gemini Syringes Augur

Great attitude! Hope to run into more people like you in game!

Also, on topic. Re: bullet point 11. When I am done with a group and I have to go, I'm going. I will look for a rep before I leave, but if I can't find one reasonably quick, I'm still leaving. Sorry. This is a game, not a security detail. You'll be fine for 10 minutes without another DPS.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

Looks like something that was copypasta'd from some now defunct EQ forum thread from 2001....

Or P99 which is essentially the same thing.
  16. taliefer Augur

you missed what is far and away my biggest pet peeve. if you have a pet:

STAND THE UP BEFORE YOU SEND IT TO ATTACK ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE SENDING IT THE MOMENT YOU SEE A MOB IN CAMP
  17. MMOer Augur

From an enchanter POV

- Please keep HP buff on me if I am charming and bring good dps and buff age to your group.

- Please keep me topped off. When my charm breaks that mobs is going to run strait at me and punch me in the face. If you are letting me sit at low HP for prolonged periods I have a much greater chance to die. When I die... you all tend to die. Thanks!

- Please stop asking me to be the entire group and PL 5 other players. I need you to contribute too. Im not a bad chanter. Im a good chanter. I may be able to be a pro enchanter but that is not fun for me. I like to just group and have fun too. If I am buffing clarity, hasting, slowing, tashing, charming, tanking, Dps, and pulling.... something is really wrong with you all.

- establish loot rules when forming group. Leader should tell new players the loot rules on join.

- If you have to go and you know it. Find your own replacement. Find the SAME class or ask the group if they want different. If you cant find let us know... we can help. Dont just bail.
  18. Malachi Augur

Only legit post here.
    MMOer likes this.
  19. Throndor Augur

If you want exp rates, group with p99ers. Otherwise keep pulling, preferably with a chanter that has a charmed pet on the mob back at camp.
  20. Throndor Augur

Why not? As a chanter, I pull, tank and DPS with my charmed pet, haste, and clarity the whole group. Slow is for pansies. You do not need slow in any group content on this game.