Griklor the Restless advice

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sdeco, Feb 18, 2020.

1. sdeco Lorekeeper

Is Griklor the Restless finally patched enough? i was thinking of finally trying it, boxing mage/chanter/ranger and either 3 healer mercs or 2 and a dps caster one
  2. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Burn it. Win. Loot. You'd be able to do it with that group, I think.
  3. Zvenn Just an old monk

its a complete joke of an event anymore, if you have enough DPS you can just burn it down on first drop...takes longer for the loot to roll from the chest than it does to win this event anymore
  4. Blastoff Augur

If you aren't op for the mission...make sure to check inside the buildings for adds. What makes this mission difficult is when you sit there waiting for his mechanics to go off all while letting adds pile up inside unagroed. Eventually enough pile up and get close enough to the group that they chain agro to you 2-4 at a time and sometimes while griklor is active. Make sure to keep up with adds as best you can, and don't bring him down off his mount until you have all the adds clear.
  5. Petalonyx Augur

Since you can now burn him down first thing, i'd try 2-3 melee mercs on burn, armed with runes and defensive buffs. Just prebuff as much as possible, and come in guns blazing. If he gets back on mount, it's probably a wipe as youll quickly have 3-4 adds beating on you.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

Or you could do it how I do it, which is less dangerous and still only takes 12-15 minutes. Take this with a grain of salt as I play a tank (pal/shm/brd + 2 clr merc + 1 wiz merc) so it is less painful to have multiples.

Take the boss down the first drop until no more than two adds spawn (perhaps one, until you're comfortable with the mission mechanics). Kill those adds next whether he has lifted off or not; if you let three+ spawn/activate, you start getting hit with a big ae dd that also stuns. When you have cleared those adds, force him to drop again. Rinse, repeat, win. The biggest pain point (in my opinion) is if you let three or more adds exist at once; if you avoid that, you're in good shape.

There is no rush; speed up your process in future runs, after you know exactly what you're doing.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. sdeco Lorekeeper

Thanks for the advice everybody. Maybe trying to use mage pet as a tank wasn't a good idea while trying to figure out what was going on my first attempt ....
  8. Bigstomp Augur

You either need to light him up quick, or be 100% sure you keep those adds under control.
    If 3 adds are up, they start aeing your group.

This does add a bit of a dps check to the mission.
  9. sdeco Lorekeeper

Still trying to get the right group combo with a Mage, Chanter, Tank Merc and healer merc. Im thinking Ranger and dps merc for the final two slot to try for the burn
  10. Windance Augur

Two options:

1 - Since the patch you can go in with a full group and burn when hes on the ground. If you are fast enough he never goes air born and you can run over to chest and have any remaining orcs poof.

2 - If you don't have enough DPS you go slow. Kill off any of the orcs that are up and only drop him to the ground when adds are down.

You may find fighting in the center area where orcs spawn slightly easier.

Boxing this with merc's if you aren't 115 and geared up will likely be challenging.