Gribble Broken?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Feeonaa, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Feeonaa Journeyman

No matter which gribble task I pick, I zone into the quest zone for the quest "Clearing a path".
    Velisaris_MS, Yinla, Nennius and 2 others like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So when you hail Russell Cooper who is the NPC that gives that task (not Gribble) are you offered all 3?

Then when you select which you want does it show as that in your quest window?

No need to log in at this point - just trying to figure out if your even getting the right quest to begin with.
  3. Rego New Member

I'm getting the same.
    I requested the mission from another toon, and got into the right zone, but none of the objectives updates.
  4. Feeonaa Journeyman

I picked "Into the Hills" from gribble and zoned into the zone from gribble. The zone gribble sent me to was the zone for "clearing a path".

I tried all 3 gribble quests, and each one zoned me into the zone marked for "Clearing the path". I even killed some of the mobs, but received no updates, as I did not have the quest "Clearing the Path", but had the quest "Into the Hills".
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Went to Gribble - got the 3 options, chose the 3rd one - Into the Hills, zoned in, had the correct zone and the right steps. Got updates. Left

Went to Captain Russell Cooper up the hill, got 3 options, chose the third one again - Clearing A Path, zoned in, had correct steps. Got updates and left.

Both went to the right zones, had the right steps and were not overlapping each other.

What happens if you try asking for and doing Russel Clearing a Path?

I am on Tunare so perhaps it a server issue.
  6. Feeonaa Journeyman

Sorry, guess should have mentioned I am on Brislebane .... and yeah, since I kept on being sent to that instance, I went ahead and found the Captain and took the quest "Clearing a Path", and was able to complete it with no issues.
  7. Rego New Member

Bristlebane here too Feeonaa.
    My crew is level 75, so I can't get the Russell missions.
  8. Feeonaa Journeyman

Seems to be a server issue then. I will try again today and see if it still persists.
  9. Feeonaa Journeyman

The problem still persists.

I hailed Gribble with my level 96 toons on the Bristlebane Server. He gave me the 3 choices and I picked "Into the Hills".

I confirmed all three toons had the same quest and we gave Gribble the "leave" command and he ported us. (Note: I have no other quests in my quest log, other then "Into the Hills".)

We arrived in an instance that had Scout Adam Nevins in it, which is not a Gribble instance. My quest log still reads "Into the Hills" and was waiting for me to scout ahead for the first update which never came as we are not in the right instance.

The instance I was ported to appears to be the zone for "Clearing a Path" which is given by another NPC Captain Russell Cooper.

I am unsure what else I can provide to show that there is an issue with Gribble on the Bristlebane Server.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Confirmed. Did the same for me too. Took Into the Hills and it zoned me into The Dead Hills. On Bristlebane server.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Feeonaa Journeyman

Thank you for taking the time to confirm it.
  12. Feeonaa Journeyman

Gribble worked this morning, so perhaps the issues has been resolved.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

It seemed to be a server specific issue, so resetting all the servers probably fixed whatever was going on.