Greetings

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Shunshin Moon, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Shunshin Moon New Member

Greetings,

I wonder if someone could point me in the direction of the original versions of this game, When I played I was a monk named Shunshin Moon on Eci server I believe. Used to pull PoH PoF flagged for sky ect, that was like 20 some odd years ago. Trying to find some of the old nostalgia like nagafen, oasis, freeport. Is that still a thing? Thank you for your time.
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

Welcome back, Shunshin!

If you're looking for a 'classic' feel, Daybreak has some servers that start with EQ Classic and then open/re-launch all the expansions in order after some set threshold (time).

If you're looking to play just the original expansions with old UI, etc., then you're looking for a product that Daybreak doesn't supply... but I'm told it's "out there".

Otherwise, you can join any of the existing Live servers and go back to all those zones. They're all still there-- though some like the Oasis of Marr have gotten zone mergers and face lifts.
    Shunshin Moon likes this.
  3. Shunshin Moon New Member

It
    Thank you for the response. I guess I just want to get out of this confined Crescent Reach Area. I have finished the quests that I can find but the Moor area seems beyond my level.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You are welcome to travel to any zone you wish. You are not limited to Cresent Reach. Its just that free accounts start there to give new players a more concise path to travel in the game.

If you want to pay right off the bat then you can chose your starting city but its not a big deal cause you can travel to anywhere you want.

You would also need to be a paying account to play on the "TLP" servers which are time locked progression and more like EQ of old. The other poster referred to those as Classic so it doesn't confuse you.

On your map in the upper right corner is a tab that says "zone guide" When it opens you can click the zone you are in from the list and chose "starting zone" and then go thru the list and pick out where you want to go and set that as "end zone" and then it will make a path for you to follow and show you which zones to go thru to get there

And speaking of maps - Make sure you downloaded your maps - Goods map packs and Brewells are the only ones really. Just google them, they are free and easy to download.

To get out of Cresent Reach click your find button and look for the zone lines (will be at the bottom) click the one for Blightfire Moors and it will show you where the zone line is. Once you get into the Moors just hang a hard right, stay along the wall and there will be a book a short ways up. Click that book on the stump and it will port you to Plane of Knowledge.

You also have an AA you got at the beginning called "Throne of Heros" its under your Alternate Abilities on your character screen and then look under special. Click it to make a hot key and then you can click the hot key to port up to the lobby which is also in POK
    minimind and Shunshin Moon like this.
  5. Shunshin Moon New Member

Thank you for map suggestions, doing that now.
    minimind and CatsPaws like this.