Green haired merc

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by asgaard, Dec 21, 2013.

1. asgaard Augur

At level 3 I went to PoK and got a barbarian tank merc. He had green hair. I dismissed him because I don't want a merc with green hair. The next one I got had white hair so I kept him. A few levels later his hair turned green. I dismissed him and got another one with white hair. A few levels later his hair turned green.

I don't want a merc with green hair. At least not on a barbarian merc. It might look good on a drakkin because they look like David Bowie and it looked okay on him, but please not a barbarian.

Will he eventually settle on a specific hair style and keep it? Is it just the white hair that turns green? Should I get a new merc with brown hair or some other hair color?

If I'm doomed to have a green haired merc I'll live with it. Maybe I should get an ogre merc. Theyr're bald aren't they?
  2. Mithrandyr Augur

1. the green haired merc sued for discrimination.
    2. the other mercs are changing their hair color to show solidarity for their union brother.
    3. the green haired merc dyed his hair to get the job and now openly flaunts his true hair color, expecting labor laws to protect him from being fired.
    4. barbarian mercs get vain about their aging hair and dye it green like all the kids so they can still cruise around halas and pick up shammys.
  3. asgaard Augur

Thank you Mithrandyr. Your reply brought a smile to my face. I guess I'll keep him. I don't want a discrimination lawsuit lol.
  4. Redshirt_78410 Journeyman

I think it's a bug, because while in the tutorial and in Crescent Reach, my human merc had his hair color change every time I leveled up, even if I hadn't changed zones or logged out.
  5. Reprisal Augur

I'd like to see a parody of the song "Brown Eyed Girl" called Green haired merc. But then, I probably like parodies too much.
    Redshirt_78410 likes this.
  6. asgaard Augur

I haven't seen anything like that yet, but there's a parody from EQ2 called Dark Elf Girl that's pretty good

Reprisal likes this.
  7. Pirouette Augur

Try asking someone else if they see your merc with green hair. It sounds to me like the hair texture just isn't loading properly for you. If others are seeing it green as well, it's likely a clientside problem you can /bug.
  8. Draego Augur

It is definitely a bug, when a merc receives a appearance change other than visible weaponry.
    This bug is most noticable on the Froglok mercs.

Word of caution:
    ESPECIALLY when this happens to your healing merc, the best thing to do is dismiss and get a new one.
    Speaking from experience, my JT5 (journeyman tier 5) healing merc (Froglok model) changed from Aqua skin color to a sickly puke green/yellow in appearence. After which the Mercs hp, mana, spells and actions all mirrored a AT1 (apprentice tier 1).
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

This is definately a bug since the Dec patch.
    I spent a lot of plat trading in Mercs to get the exact looks I wanted.
    Now most of them have that blue/green hair - or bald etc etc. :(
    I note that the patch notes mentioned NPC hair - trust me that it's not working as intended. :)
    -Ratty